My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i still have not found where the numbers are on my tractor.

as a new tractor owner and new forum member i am still learning about what to look for and where to get it at.

does it matter what serial number it is in regards to what parts will fit?

or does only the 716 hydro model number matter in regards to parts and attachments?

it did not have a mower deck on it when i bought it, so i am trying to get more information on the tractor so i know which decks will fit it.

do any of you guys with 700 series allis chamers see the serial numbers for your tractor on it?

can you please tell me where on the tractor to look at ?

·
Registered
492 Posts
One BIG grip I have with Simplicity is that they use a sticker for the model and serial numbers for the tractor and if someone isn't nice and write it down and pass the manuals along things are more difficult. One thing you can do is go to the Simpletractor board and they have a cross-reference page there that may help. I used it for our 918 Allis and 1920H Agco.
Thanks.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Not sure if they put them on the same location on the allis models but on the 7100 series Simplicities they are located on the left side of the frame near the PTO engage lever.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you very much for your time and intent to help.

after looking around more and rubbing off grim, lol i found this. is this what your are talking about when say frame?

or this one on rearend / pump

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Nope, Those first pics are part#s and the last pics are they Sunstrand hydro ID numbers. The tractor numbers are on a chrome backed decal, when you are sitting on the tractor it will be on the operators left hand side of the frame just below the PTO engagement lever just as Art Stiverson mentions. Its a big sticker about 1.5" tall by 4 " long. If its still there and hasn't been painted over it should be fairly easy to see.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If all you're looking for is a deck it should be pretty easy to come up with a 42" or 48" deck. Pretty sure they're basically universal across a broad spectrum of years.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
the builders plate with S# should be on the left hand side of the tunnel housing between the pto lever and the fender. It is only a metallic sticker held on with adhesive.

the serial numbers are not a crucial as the builders numbers. If you an early 716H with pod lights it is 1690014

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/document/index.cfm?doc=TP_100_2897_00_SV_S_LO.pdf

and if it is a late model with lights in grill it is 1690211.

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/document/index.cfm?doc=TP_100_3055_00_LT_A_LO.pdf

the mowers for this tractor would be 1690021 (42") or 1690022 (48")

You can reference manuals on www.simplicitymfg.com

Now these will be Simplicity manuals so the engine and wiring harness will be different but the rest of the tractor is the same less decals and paint.

below is a typical serial number plate (disregard the mfg# below as it is bogus)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts