My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
755 with loader and BH,
Out of the blue, started and heard whining (under front Radiator) and in the rear near Backhoe connection. No external leaks, fluid crystal clean mainly from having one leak after another form having to replace so many old seals and hoses. Regular Maint Done BUT I Have not done H filter in 200 hours. My bother since I was putting in new fluid all the time.... So I figure My pump is going. Slow and weak attachments, even steering, loader stays up.
For some reason I felt the hoses going to backhoe and you could feel the sputtering of the pressure. Didn't need the hoe so I disconnected it. Than I got full power back... I can rebuild a car but I only know the philosophy of hydraulics.

Thanks for and advice.

·
21,839 Posts
There are a couple of other possibilities.

1) One of the back hoe lines became partially disconnected. This can happen by accidentally kicking it with your boot against a solid object in a manner that moves the collar of the disconnect enough for a partial disconnect. The check valves in the disconnects do the rest by stopping fluid flow. The natural movement of the line due to pressure flexing can also accomplish the same thing.

2) On my MF GC2310, if the 3PH control is accidentally moved into the lift position, the result is many strange and slow movements, some with no option of return, depending on which particular valve is cycled.

The sound from your pump is an indication that it is working hard to move fluid against a restriction, not a sign that it is worn out. Given good maintenance practices, hydraulic pumps typically have a service life of several thousand hours, barring physical damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts