My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local horse trainer owes us about $8300.00 on some loads of alfalfa he skipped out of paying for. He was on the Ks side and i tracked him back over here in Mo. I have squeezed some cash out of him; the bill was $9850.00.
This guy has a 750 diesel with 2wd and turf tires. He has it hooked to a manure spreader. Since he is starting to avoid me; i want to try and get his tractor from him.
1. How can i determine the age of this tractor and it's worth? The tractor has a few hood scratches and other than that the paint looks ok and the tires look to be in very good shape. There are about 4-5 suitcase weights on the front.
Underneath the front end is a black bracket assembly that also has a pto shaft with i think splined 1000 rpm shaft with splines on both ends for what i thought would be a snowblower maybe. Didn't get to look at the hour meter.:thanku:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I agree with Mark on the dollar figure.

JD had Yanmar built the 750's for them from about '77 or '78 till about '88 or '89. Only a dealer with the serial number can tell you the exact year unless someone here has a list of years/numbers.

I think the 750 is about 20 or 22 HP.

The bracket under the front end might be for a snowblower, but I think it is more likely for the belly mower or Mid Mount Mower, if you prefer, option that was available for them.

They are great little machines and I definately would not turn my nose up at them.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
A local horse trainer owes us about $8300.00 on some loads of alfalfa he skipped out of paying for. He was on the Ks side and i tracked him back over here in Mo. I have squeezed some cash out of him; the bill was $9850.00.
This guy has a 750 diesel with 2wd and turf tires. He has it hooked to a manure spreader. Since he is starting to avoid me; i want to try and get his tractor from him.
1. How can i determine the age of this tractor and it's worth? The tractor has a few hood scratches and other than that the paint looks ok and the tires look to be in very good shape. There are about 4-5 suitcase weights on the front.
Underneath the front end is a black bracket assembly that also has a pto shaft with i think splined 1000 rpm shaft with splines on both ends for what i thought would be a snowblower maybe. Didn't get to look at the hour meter.:thanku:
TG,

I hate that when that happens (I'm looking at an unpaid $5959 bill on my bulletin board as we speak). :( You've gotten good advice above. Good luck with your collection efforts. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts