My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what started my tractor craze 4 yrs ago not too bad for $75 Ive had many others over the years but Ill never get rid of this one, it cuts very even-starts every time and it has a bagger (I made one up) thats my Gilson isnt she pretty:sidelaugh

ED CASO

Attachments

·
Registered
921 Posts
Sweet for $75! I saw an old Craftsman GT in front of someone's house for $400. Looked real nice, my wife rolled her eyes when I slowed down to check it out! :sidelaugh

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
nice lookin tractor! did you restore it, or did it look that good when you found it? either way, great find!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice lookin tractor! did you restore it, or did it look that good when you found it? either way, great find!:thThumbsU
I only had to wash it person before me must have painted the hood. Over the 4yrs 2belts a set of blades and the normal tune ups.

ED

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Nice tractor. Worth holding on to.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i would love to have one of those im a huge fan of the gilson mowers I have a lil bitty one im hoping to put back together pretty soon but been looking for one like that

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Nice looking tractors. slkpk

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Great looking tractors!

Mine's an '82 16/42 Only used it two so far, I need a better ramp on the shed so I can get it in and out with the deck installed.

Unfortunately, I don't have any workinf pics yet:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great looking tractors!

Mine's an '82 16/42 Only used it two so far, I need a better ramp on the shed so I can get it in and out with the deck installed.

Unfortunately, I don't have any workinf pics yet:

Very nice good luck with it

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would love to have one of those im a huge fan of the gilson mowers I have a lil bitty one im hoping to put back together pretty soon but been looking for one like that
Im always looking but to find one and to find close :praying: seems to be the problem.I know there out there,

ED CASO

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Very nice good luck with it

The guy i bought it from has (had?) a set of the white hood/sides in good shape that i'd like to get.

It came with a 42" 2-blade deck. I'll get around to installing an electric PTO clutch to be able to use the blue Ford 3-blade deck.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The guy i bought it from has (had?) a set of the white hood/sides in good shape that i'd like to get.

It came with a 42" 2-blade deck. I'll get around to installing an electric PTO clutch to be able to use the blue Ford 3-blade deck.
I was going to as you about that deck (if it was from a ford) looks in real good shape

ED CASO

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts