My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Typical working day for the Columbia.... I was out tractor pickin the other day and the first thing in was this Simplicity 7016, winched it in backwards right to the front of the trailer, deck still under it and one flat rear... the Columbia is my tow truck so I had to drive it up and in the trailer to hookup, pull the 7016 out of the trailer and push it into the shop so I can work on it.

Attachments

·
That Guy
1,159 Posts
Im a farm boy so Ive owned countless tractors, big and small, for over forty years now and Ive used chains on Alot of them, and many with fluid filled tires... once I tried the first atv tires on a garden tractor that was the end of all that bull&%@(
Wonderful! I appreciate you responding so promptly, and now I'm thinking that's the direction I want to go in the future. I figure I'll run my turfs the rest of the summer, and before winter throw on some new rubber.

I'm also considering bars in the front, would you consider those worthwhile?

We had a dairy farm when I was a kid, but we lost it when I was pretty young, the price of milk dropped through the floor and that was the end of that.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I'm also considering bars in the front, would you consider those worthwhile?
Bars? do you mean AG style bar tread? those dont work well in the winter even on 8000 lb tractors.... front or rear. Snowblower tires work well year round on the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Spent a couple days trimming some trees and hauling the brush about a 1/2 mile out to the pile by the dugout... light duty chore for the Columbia but the suspension seat smooths out the ride thru the pasture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Nice picture Lance.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Thx... this is the first time since the 2014 flood that the dugout is back within its normal banks and the grasses are slowly coming back. There was a small flock of Canada Geese on the water earlier, and a couple muskrats on the bank while I was unloading.. but not close enough for a decent pic.

·
Handshake Seals the Deal
243 Posts
That place looks nice. I've always had a special liking for rural Canada. I wish i had your chores!?

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,876 Posts
That place looks nice. I've always had a special liking for rural Canada. I wish i had your chores!

I’m sure Lance could find you a spot to bunk down if you wanted to take’em on for him! :)

And hey, how do you feel about semi-rural or suburban Canada? I have tractors too... And a hedge that needs some serious trimming! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I only hacked down a little lilac hedge about 20' long and that reqiured 3 trips to the brush pile..... theres probably another 400' on the property, plus 40 or so other trees.... I Never get caught up... so Ya... come and help all you want. Lol

·
Handshake Seals the Deal
243 Posts
I only hacked down a little lilac hedge about 20' long and that reqiured 3 trips to the brush pile..... theres probably another 400' on the property, plus 40 or so other trees.... I Never get caught up... so Ya... come and help all you want. Lol
I'm a comin! Just give me a moment to get my stuff together and get me a new pair of boots. Its gonna be a long walk from SC.?

·
Handshake Seals the Deal
243 Posts
As long as your suburban buildings are no more than 5 stories high. ??

Just kidding... i like Canada in general i guess.

Hows life in Canada by the way?
I've lived in Alaska, but i was under 6yrs old then so i don't remember a whole lot. Right now i live in South Carolina, USA.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well Im back down to one 960 again, sold the silver one with a snowblower the other day to a local guy, I gave him the addy here and suggested he join up so we might see more of that tactor in the future. I still have the extra snowblower(red) that I got from littletractorguy that I can put on the Columbia if/when I need it but for now I'll keep the blade on it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Nice, Brother. :trink39:

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
A sad picture for sure.

·
Registered
676 Posts