My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the frustrated owner of a 7284 Cub. It's a 2006 model. Had it for about 12 years with approx 2200 hours on it. Hour meter broke at 195 hours one month after warranty expired and dealer wanted $250 to fix it. Nope. I've probably put more money in to repairs on this tractor than what I paid for it but when it works, it works beautifully. Best thing about this unit is the 54" front snowblower. It is (was) a beast and went through 3-4' drifts with ease, on turf tires without chains. Alas, 2 weeks ago in -28 weather, after a long warm up of the engine, I attempted to start the snowblower and all heck broke loose. The gear shaft connecting the blower's pto shaft to the tractor pretty much just came apart and took a metal bracket with it. Game over, I finally ordered a new green tractor with 59" snowblower which is supposed to be here by end of month. So now I have this Cub 7284, with a 60" belly mower and 59" broken snowblower and trying to figure out what to do with it. I'm not that mechanically savvy to try to fix this myself. Tractor runs fine (but starts horribly in cold weather) but has minor leaks in a few places, plus it definitely has had its share of wear and tear. Does anyone have an opinion if there is even a market for these Cub CUTs? Are parts even available?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts