My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Awesome John! So clean! I can never keep mine that clean. Did you fill those extra holes where the capstan roller drive shaft would go? or did you get lucky and use those holes to mount the fuel tank? I used high-temp lab metal and then I had the deck powder coated, and so far so good. I have mowed a few seasons and the lab metal is holding up well. I do like the aluminum better than the mag for longevity, but the extra weight is noticeable for a pusher.
Im sorry I missed your question, I didnt fill the other holes, I just put plastic nuts into them like the ones used on the mulch plate bolts. It wont rust so not really a concern. I was hoping the tank brackets would line up but the holes are closer together. I aligned the tank approx 3/4 inch to the left of center to avoid that pocket and it still looks good. I removed the decal I had overlapping the pocket plate and moved it centered on the tank and that made it look a lot better. I had to drill 4 holes for the tank bracket and it worked out fine. There are a couple extra large holes in front of the handle brackets from the original much larger handle brackets that the capstan model had. They dont detract too much from the overall look. For a working daily machine Im happy. Im used to the weight of it as is, which is a whale of a lot lighter than my 22261 is. I wish I could have powder coated but we dont have any facilities around here for that kind of service. I bet that powder coat lasts a lot longer.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts