My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always thought that the Lime Green Lawn Boys, with the red on/off-choke bar, starter handle, height adjusters and speed control were some of the best looking of all the brick top LB's made. I got a 1963 model 7252 couple of years ago from a friend and finally got around to working on it late this summer. The deck doesn't look too bad from this view, but it had 3 bad cracks, a big chunk next to the chute was missing and you could see daylight in several places where it was worn so thin! It was toast and I had been looking for a replacement since I got it.
I finally decided to use the deck from a 7217, which has the different style of wheel adjusters. It is a mag deck and although the top of the back part is shaped slightly different, it makes a pretty good replacement. I stripped it using the orange non-toxic spray stripper, which works great! A few minor flaws were welded, so it should good for another 50 + years.

The jug was in spec and cleaned up really good with the ball hone. I got a lot of NOS parts from the estate of another friend, who was long-time LB dealer. So, I put in a new piston and rings, new governor assembly, new starter assembly and completely rebuilt the carburetor. More later

EDITOR: Not sure if the pix came through.

Attachments

Reactions: unclelee

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Looks real good

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still looking for the correct handle.