My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
That there's worth fixin'
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chained up all four tires and did an annual mainenance on this one yesterday. The ball lock clutch was rattling a little in reverse so I took it apart and lubed everything up nice.
Replaced the belts too. Big difference especially in reverse. Feels like it could climb a wall.
It might look like crap but it's running like a top and working better than I thought it could.
Used chain from a junk garage door opener for the fronts.
Now just have to decide to put in a snowblower or blade. SS16 has a blade on now so maybe put a blower on this one i guess. Couple pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
Good lookin tractor in my opinion.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
You have the old school snow blower for this one right? It blows out one side instead of the middle?

·
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have the old school snow blower for this one right? It blows out one side instead of the middle?
yep it came on a different tractor. Works good in the right kind of snow. Not a powerhouse by any means though. The chute flips right or left, no in between. Barely works at all when it's flipped left. Only for getting in a corner I think.

Attachments

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
There is one of those on ebay right now...

·
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is one of those on ebay right now...
Recently saw one sell on ebay. Was a package. Tractor, blower plow and some other attachments. An old gold coloured one. I forget the model no. Too far for me to go after it though.
There's a few of these side dishcharge blowers around. They came out in 62 and were the first blowers for Suburbans. Mine was mounted and working when I got the tractor. It spins pretty fast. 900 rpm I think.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
I have to make some of those chains for my AGs

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Chained up all four tires and did an annual mainenance on this one yesterday. The ball lock clutch was rattling a little in reverse so I took it apart and lubed everything up nice.
Replaced the belts too. Big difference especially in reverse. Feels like it could climb a wall.
It might look like crap but it's running like a top and working better than I thought it could.
Used chain from a junk garage door opener for the fronts.
Now just have to decide to put in a snowblower or blade. SS16 has a blade on now so maybe put a blower on this one i guess. Couple pics.
Chains,chains,and more chains--Great idea on the front tires,I guess?:dunno:You fellows up north are fighting a completely different animal!! I'm working on third round of chopping up leaves for the garden.Bout every week yard is full again!As long as falling stuff is brown & gold (leaves) and not white--I'm good to go.:trink40:

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Both your tractors look great, that right discharge snowblower is awesome. I might have to try that chian trick, although I have 8" chains like the chains on the back of most tractors.

·
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The front chains are vicious. They tear up the asphalt driveway just driving straight. Seems worse with these skinny tires. I have some on some 16 by 6.5 by 8's and they dont tear up so bad. Maybe because these chains are still new with sharp edges. They do work great on ice. Especially with the weight of a snowblower or plow blade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts