My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm going to try to check this out weather permitting this weekend and wanted to know where the relief valve seeing if for the lift circuit on my control valve?
My pump is working fine as I can easily pull a 3k lbs trailer of wood around but the sleeve hitch will barely left my 200lbs. Will lift my 100lb son though easily so I figure the relief is opening to soon. If I can lift the rear tires of the ground I figure that's enough and should still be far below the 575 max pressure the manual recommends.
Also does anyone know why it's so low? A normal tractor has ~2500psi setting for the lift circuits. I'm not going to crank mine I'm just curious.
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
It might just be that the seals in the lift cylinder are badly worn and will no longer hold pressure. In order to check the relief setting, you need a proper pressure gauge, hose and fillings. Without that assembly, you are flying blind.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True. Where do I hook the pressure gauge into?
I don t believe it's the seals as I lifted the hitch all the way to the top and standon it and it held it no problem

·
Registered
158 Posts
test pressure on the main hydraulic valve - TCV up under hte center of the tractor:

·
Registered
158 Posts
its NPT, yes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts