My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help:

Roto tilling garden the other day - tractor just stops. Gas, battery, oil all checked.

Won't turn over. Hoping it didn't cease up.

Also have a roto tiller that is driven by pto belt with a Hydraulic Lift Standard. CAn anyone help on what other tractors maybe able to operate this?

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
If you can turn the crankshaft manually, it's not seized up. Have you checked for spark? (assuming the crank does turn.)
What exactly do you mean by "won't turn over"? It won't start, or the starter won't crank, etc.? More description will help us help you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Matt, if it suddenly just flat out died on you, and seeing how this is a rototilling rig, I'm leaning more toward the front bevel gear box needle roller bearing siezed up on the input shaft. Had this happen when my bro was using a 7116 mowing, just flat out died.
Heres how to look for the problem if this is it, remove the 2 bolts from the driveshaft on the engine side. Next, remove both sparkplugs and see if you can HAND turn the crank over. Next see if the driveshaft will turn at all. If the driveshaft does not turn at all (with pto belts removed of course) then we found the problem. Leaky seals or not enough lube in the BGB is the reason why it would sieze.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts