My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a leak in the hydrostatic transmission on my 7116

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=simplicity&mn=1692849+-+2818H,+18HP+Hydro&dn=18871

Leak at seal #40, got #36 as well

Went by a Simplicity dealer today and they had my parts. Got home, put them in, and no go. Not leaking anymore, but not doing anything else either.

The transmission was a little slow to start after I replaced the fluid, but once it got moving (and presumably pushed the air out) it ran fine. No movement at all this time.
Checked the fluid level and it was fine, little dribble comes out when I take the cap off the rear fill.

Any chance I just need to bleed the air out somehow? I'm reasonably sure I put it all back together right
Ideas?

·
Registered
419 Posts
You need to purge the air. The manual says how, but basically you hold up the relief valve and run the engine for a few minutes. Then (while still holding the relief valve up) you refill the trans case.

Also, make sure your disengagment lever on top is up (and the valves on top have sprung up, #61 in the diagram)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Geh. Well. Fixed.
And I feel dumb. The housing is keyed, flat on one side. I put it on upside down.
Flipped it around, cranked up the tractor and tada.

Nothing appears hurt by my little misstep, and the 7116 zipped happily across the yard, so... yep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts