My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it is still stinking hot out, I thought here would be a good place to spend part of the afternoon. Also a good time to make a batch of lasagna.

There is some equipment for sale about 3 miles from me. I already told the person over the estate that I want one 706 and the 756 that are for sale. Both are $200 each. The 706 is sitting on the turn row with a spun rod bearing. It has a 200 gallon spray tank on the front with a pto pump and spray booms. It is complete with good rubber. I tried to buy it a year ago. Now it looks like I'll get it after the guy shot himself.

The 756 is complete with good rubber, but don't know anything else. It has the same engine as the 706.

There is another 706 that had the engine rebuilt recently. It has a blown hydraulic line and has been parked awhile. They want $1500 for this one. I'm thinking about offering $1,000. They can't anymore than say no.

The deceased owners nephew is a friend of mine and has told me what he knows about the tractors. I have no reason not to believe him. Do you think $1,500 is too much for the second 706 or should I try a lower number?

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
I'd try for $1,000 if it was me, but... I don't think that $1,500 is too much.

That's what... a 60 hp tractor?

Are they row crop?

Tricycle?

2-point or 3-point?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are all wide front end. All also have the fast hitch. 76 pto hp.

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
If you can get 2 complete (even if they need some work) 76hp IHs for $1,200...

Well I'd have to ask if you preferred the bandanna across the face or the ladies hose over the face... :sidelaugh

I may be way off base, but... that sounds like one HECK of a deal!!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Those are great tractors. Lots of parts available. Good price!!!
No lasagna here Just eggplant Parmesan.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Steve, don't up the price. It is two tractors for $400. I'd like to hope I could get the second 706 for $1,000. There is a six row rolling cultivator for $75 and an International #87 six row blackland planter for $25. Even if they aren't useable they make great parts to build other things.

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
Hey Steve, don't up the price. It is two tractors for $400. I'd like to hope I could get the second 706 for $1,000. There is a six row rolling cultivator for $75 and an International #87 six row blackland planter for $25. Even if they aren't useable they make great parts to build other things.
Holy Cow!!!

I plumb missed that you were offered 2 for $200 each!!! I thought it was only one!!

Are they back to the house, yet?

·
Snapper Lover
459 Posts
Running those are 5-8 thousand dollar tractors. Scoop up as many as you can. Put a grand or so into the motors and they will last you forever. Why so cheap? Scrap would be more than that around here. That condition here would be a 1k to 2k dollar tractor.

T.C.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't "capture" them until tomorrow. My neighbor called tonight and changed his mind on a 14' John Deere shredder. I think I'll spend the $50 and see what it is. It is worth a heck of a lot more than that for parts or scrap. There is a six row middle buster and six row vibra-shank cultivator also that I'm thinking about. I know the 706 won't pull the middle buster, but it can be cut down to four. I think they wanted $250 each on them.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to the brother that is over selling the equipment. It might be the end of August before I know anything. Something about wanting two offers on each piece of equipment. I offered $1,000 on the 706 that was running the most recently. I thought I could pay for what I wanted at their price and start bringing things to the house. Some times it doesn't pay to think.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to him again night before last. He will be tagging equipment today so people will know what is what. Now he says he wants the sale wrapped up the second week of August. I think he is tired of getting phone calls. I need to know what I'll be dragging to the house and get it over with.

I'm ready to head for Naples again. This heat and humidity is wearing me down. This trip will be paid for by a friend that wants me to haul a '87 Corvette back to Texas.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Talked to him again yesterday. He said we would deal next Sat. He said no one had made any offers on what I want. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope I'm dragging things to the house shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got both $200 tractors. Got a 1466 for $500. Got the 706 that was running a year ago for $1,000.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got a hose made and on the 706. Got it started last night. The remote works and lifts the disc, but no power steering. Now that it is cooling down a little I'll go over and try to bleed it. Any one have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tried bleeding the steering tonight. Didn't help. Backed it up, turned the front wheels with a six foot bar and drove it out of the weeds. Got the blown tire off the disc so I could fix it. Pulled the battery and went to the 1466.

I rigged up some cables to use one 12 volt battery instead of two 6's in series. Had to cut some junk off hanging down in the cab to get to the seat. No key. Robbed the one from the 706. Hit the starter button and about three turns later it was running. It seems to be stuck in high range but will be able to drive it to the house.

The first two are the 1466. The next are the running 706 and 14' disc.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The first picture is the 756. All I know is that it has anti-freeze in the oil. The next two are the 706 with the spun rod bearing. The last one is the cultivator for $75. It has six IH weights hanging on it. If it is worn out I have lots of steel to build something else. It also has a saddle quick hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I drove the 1466 here a few nights days ago. Drove the 706 with the disc the next day. Got the cultivator here yesterday using my neighbors 8600 Ford. Moved the planter today. I cut enough ivy off to get to the hitch. It still has about a third of it hanging on it. Pulled the 756 out of the weeds so I can get the towbar hooked up. Also got the shredder out of the weeds. Someone already swiped the hose to the cylinder.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the fuel tank to the house today. That is everything I bought so far. I put in offers on the two 1486's, a six row hipper and a six row middlebuster. I didn't hear anything, tonight being the last day to make offers. I think I have enough projects now anyway.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Brought the hipper in today. The guy also said to winch the other 14' disc on a trailer and move it. I said thank you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts