My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Gday ppl
i picked up my 7013s off ebay for $400au and about 5-6 hrs away 1 way.I get it home and have a good look at it put fresh fuel in check the oil in motor and it runs just. this is what the ebay add say(3 foot cut, very reliable gutsy little machine, when it is running has been playing up of late and now I can’t get a spark out of it.
Good compression turns over ok very tight neat machine, haven’t got the time or the interest in repairing it will leave that to someone with more knowledge in the area.)
so i get it going and the 42" deck works so i take it off the trailer and it moves? cool.
i checked the bgb and decide to drain it and the gearbox/diff and refill. the motor is a lot smokey? so i changed that oil just in case the wrong oil was in it mmmm no still the same so motor going to need rebuild 1 day.
overall im happy with it needs some bits replaced like the starter belt thats been fixed now! 1 or 2 bearings in idler pulleys and stuff.
i have been trying to find a dozer blade and mounting frame for it and a mid mount grader blade here in aust NO luck so far? i just find out i cant even get 42"blades for the deck and thats from a simplicity dealer there is only 2 in adelaide they more into the new stuff.
i not got lawn like most of u got! i live in a old farm house block on about 3-4 arces most is just weeds rocks and scrap? so i need more of a slasher what most of u call a bushhog! i want to push some dirt around get the lumps and holes and rocks at a stage i can use the deck on the weeds ?
my plans for the baron is i want to use it fix what it needs repaint it and use it.
i am in South Australia about 150k nw of Adelaide.
i got some more things to ask but later on heres a pic or 2
cheers

·
Super Moderator
16,351 Posts
You may be able to find some more Help here at this website as well http://www.simpletractors.com/. I just picked up a 7016 Sovereign myeslf last 0ctober from a Friend I think mine might be a 1973 But unsure My seriel number plate is gone. I hope the link above helps you out some. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 7013s Baron and love the little tractor. You will not be disappointed in its abilities. I have the dozer blade on mine and can move mountains if you take it one bite at a time. Good luck on your search for the blade. If you need help with suggestions on tuning and repair questions I have a manual and can answer a lot of them as we frequently work on ours. I have a 14 year old who has claimed it as his own and has even mounted a horn on it. We put the tractor muffler stack on it for him.

Theront

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gday
thanks Sergeant all ready seen that site lots of info but it dont get me any parts here! cheers

Theront
sounds good u got any pics? i got the operators manual with it i got a pdf of the parts book and of other stuff i find on the net.
any chance u can get pics of how and where the front dozer blade mounts? i know the mid mount 1 fits where the deck go's! i was thinking the dozer fits on the brackets right on the front? but i not 100% on that,
any chance of running a tape over the front mount i have a pic showing how long both are but i would like some from the back mounting hole to the lift bracket and others.
yer i got a 7yr girl and she loves driving it but she a petrol head the trainee weed cutter lol:thThumbsU
cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Having trouble posting pictures, Not sure why. I will try to resize them to post. Send me a pm and I will send the pictures directly to you.

Thanks

Theront

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers pm sent

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
lol cheers for that but that be right RUB it in lol
the last 2 dont work it wants a login and i not got 1 cos youtube wont let me have the name Scummy cos it a bad word? lol

cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts