My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
The 60 & 70 are somewhat collectable as they are JD's first LT's but not as collectable as some of the others are. Up until the 60 & 70 models everything JD made was a GT. slkpk

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
The vh-70 engines are the most valuable part, seems they did not last. Over heating I seem to remember. I bought one farm fresh for $25. Had it sold before I unloaded it from the trailer. Wished I would have kept it, but he offered stupid money because it had a complete engine. :fing20:

In my opinon any old machine is neat and worth having. If you never intend to sell, worth is void. It is only pleasure that is measured. If you have that is a good investment.:thThumbsU

·
close enuff works for me
3,153 Posts
I purchased one 17 years ago,with a blown motor.Replaced the motor with a 6 hp tecumseh ,never did get the mower deck hooked up .It was just the right size for my daughters to drive ,they ran the dickens out of it for 10 years . Is in the shed now, waiting for my grandson to get a few years older. I don't care if it is collectable, or not , we have had a lot of fun with it.

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
That is exactly the point. Thanks Deereboy! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts