Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Urban
I think those decks are for the Zero Turn mowers.

Greg
Oh okay, thanks Greg, got it. I had thought maybe they were a new line of decks for the SCUTs.

Still, that "Mulch On Demand" feature is pretty darn slick. I'd love to hear if it really works as well as the animation shows.

Maybe some day it will trickle down to the 7-Iron residential decks...

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
When we got our z-trak for our church we discussed this but our dealer wasn't crazy about the set up and we didn't go for it.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Dixie Chopper zero turns have a guard that flips down over the discharge that basically does the same thing. While it is not a true mulching deck, it does make a difference and will prevent clippings from being thrown onto and into places where you don't want them.

I really like the look of the JD version a lot better though. It looks a lot more like a true mulching system.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I was going to say that Scag has about the same thing available... Good for getting in tight areas with the discharge chute pointing in the wrong direction.... Though I don't know how good it is at "mulching."

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I wish I had sprung for the MOD and a z920 instead of the z910 and mulch kit. I find myself pulling the mulch kit off and reinstalling sometimes twice a day. I have half a mind to trade up for next season. the MOD deck supposedly mulches as good as having the mulch kit installed. I know with the kit my mower will mulch as good as the twin blade Honda push mower (unbelievably well).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts