My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
I am searching for the tie rod end joints for my tractor. The part number is 7204H and i have searched the net, ebay and local stores with not luck. I need the reverse threaded ones and can only find the right hand threaded ones around here. I still need to look at Fastenall Monday but was wondering if anyone has found a source for these?
Im pretty sure they are 3/8-24 threads
Thanks for any help!:trink39:

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
I may have some original ones. I will have to look.

·
7000 posts and climbing!
7,145 Posts
Those are some good suggestions from the other guys.

Do the 1968 model suburbans have 3/8" tie rods? The ones I have seen have 3/8" tie rods and 3/8" rod ends. If yes, then you can probably find the 3/8" x 3/8" rod ends at Lowes, Home Depot, or a really good hardware store. You might even try to do a Google search for some.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
Tractor Supply,Grainger,Surplus Center,Mcmaster-Carr,and even some good auto parts stores like NAPA can order those in Dorman brand,if they dont have any on hand..many other tractors use the same tie rod ends,so a dealer for another brand will likely have them,though the price might be higher...

I had to put a used one on one of my Suburbans..I think when its time to replace them all,I may upgrade to 1/2" tie rods and ends,3/8" ones are a bit wimpy in my opinion...
I may get some with the spherical ball socket instead of the "ball joint" type--I hate it when they pop off the ball when they get loose!..that type cant come apart..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

0o-V-o0 Those are similar to what i was needing but not exactly. Look below. I found some on e-bay but thanks for your efforts in trying to help me locate what i was needing!

GT-80 thanks but i found and bought some on ebay before i looked back at this post. If i end up needing more i will contact you. Thanks!

Plowthesidewalk, they are 3/8 by 3/8 but the female threads on mine are left hand threads which was making it difficult to find them

Tractor-holic, i looked at the local farm and home store, autozone, lowes, and ace hardware with no luck on finding the left had threaded ones i need. I will still check with fastenal on Monday and see if they have them.

This is what i ended up finding:http://www.quality-stuff-for-you.com/info/R109G-LINKAGE.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.