My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
Yes, that is what Deere calls an "integral hitch". It uses sleeve hitch or "Brinly" hitch attachments. Very useful, but if you wanted to sell it they go for between $100-200 on Ebay alone, and the lift arm can bring some cash too.

Here is the integral hitch with a Brinly box blade attached:

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
It is a sleeve hitch. It's an optional hitch. It is commonly used for a breaking plow. The factory hitch has been removed.
Yeah, that's odd. I don't know why they removed the factory hitch, it doesn't get in the way when you have the integral hitch on.

·
Super Moderator
32,817 Posts
Motopsycho, looks like an H-3 with the light kit and rear hydraulics. Looking at the product history that would make that one a 2nd year model. From what little I can see the condition does not seem too bad (but then I like a good challenge!) and should be restorable.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I bet the reason the hitch plate is removed is for a tiller. There is rust around the rear PTO mounting holes. That tells me the tractor is also used for tilling duty.

Also One of my 140's has the hitch off for the same reason lol lol

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Motopsycho, looks like an H-3 with the light kit and rear hydraulics. Looking at the product history that would make that one a 2nd year model. From what little I can see the condition does not seem too bad (but then I like a good challenge!) and should be restorable.

If it were a second year 140 (1969) you would see the hydro relief shut off valve under the seat.

The sleeve hitch rod is on backward also.
That light kit is not for a 140. Maybe a round fender 110/112

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
A '69 would have the dual brakes and it looks like there is 2 pedals on the right side unless I'm mistaken. The '68s only had a pedal on the left that did brakes and drive clutch right? But I do agree about the lights they would be in the headlight panel unless it broke or something? It would be hard to tell if they are JD lights without seeing the mounts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts