My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,085 Posts
I figured out the glow plug issue. Turns out I have a really early vin and I needed to install a glow plug pre-heating wiring harness. Ordered it and installed it. BAM! Warm glow plugs for the winter.

But now I have a NEW problem. Radiator is leaking. Removed it and it has pinholes everywhere. I need a new radiator, but Honda wants $700 for one! Any ideas on an aftermarket supplier or another alternative?
Not sure if it is copper or aluminum but any local rad shop should be able to remove the tanks and install them on a fresh section of core pretty easily.

Just take it in and ask..........:dunno:

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,085 Posts
I did. The tanks are what's rotted out.... :/
OUCH !:hide:

Other option would be if the rad shop had another complete rad of comparable size and they relocated the inlet and outlet as necessary to suit. Have seen this done before.

·
Registered
48 Posts
OUCH !:hide:

Other option would be if the rad shop had another complete rad of comparable size and they relocated the inlet and outlet as necessary to suit. Have seen this done before.
They can make me a custom radiator, but it'll be as much as a new one. Looking to see if anyone has a source for a company that may offer an aftermarket solution.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,085 Posts
They can make me a custom radiator, but it'll be as much as a new one. Looking to see if anyone has a source for a company that may offer an aftermarket solution.
Nobody doing you any favors there..........

Would strongly suggest to post pics and measurements in a more general MTF forum where folks with other brands and interests may see it.

Somebody might just say " hey, that's the same as my...........?"

.:wwp:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone still have an H6522 kicking around the yard, or shop? We've got one (acquired as part of an estate sale at low- to no-cost), including the loader, and backhoe - very useful beast! However, the engine's been blown - it was run without oil until the lower-end shredded itself.

The cost of rebuilding the engine is easily around $4,000, and parts are hard to find.

Hoping to find out a few things:

- Did Honda actually make this engine (We heard that Honda did not make it's own Diesel engines until after this tractor left the US market);
- Can a 'crate motor' still be bought for this tractor? if so, from what source?
- or, is there a third-party engine that might drop into place without major retrofitting of the existing drive-train / frame?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

- Doug Farley
Western Massachusetts.

·
Registered
262 Posts
- Did Honda actually make this engine (We heard that Honda did not make it's own Diesel engines until after this tractor left the US market);
The engine in the H6522 was indeed made by Honda. Not sure what other equipment may have used it, but at least in the USA, it was only fitted to the H6522. The engine is called the GD1250

- Can a 'crate motor' still be bought for this tractor? if so, from what source?
To my knowledge, Honda never offered a crate motor / short block.

Linky: TractorData.com Honda H6522 tractor engine information

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks to Robert for the info. We're looking (at another person's suggestions) at some of the Kubota 3-cylinder diesel - the D720, if I recall correctly. It's the right HP at RPM, and the right physical size. More to consider there, though.

BIG SHOUT OUT to anyone who might have one of these beasties in a back-shed, or in their warehouse - we're willing to pay a decent price for a running long-block... Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Honda used a 3 cylinder water cooled diesel engine in the EB12D generator rated for 20 HP at a governed speed of 3600 RPM. The engine number is GD1100. I don't know if any of the parts would work in the tractor. Here is a photo:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone still have an H6522 kicking around the yard, or shop? We've got one (acquired as part of an estate sale at low- to no-cost), including the loader, and backhoe - very useful beast! However, the engine's been blown - it was run without oil until the lower-end shredded itself.

The cost of rebuilding the engine is easily around $4,000, and parts are hard to find.

Hoping to find out a few things:

• Did Honda actually make this engine (We heard that Honda did not make it's own Diesel engines until after this tractor left the US market);
  • Can a 'crate motor' still be bought for this tractor? if so, from what source?
  • or, is there a third-party engine that might drop into place without major retrofitting of the existing drive-train / frame?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

- Doug Farley
Western Massachusetts.
Did you ever fix the tractor? If not, do you still have the attachments? We are looking for the backhoe (in southern NH).

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
9,155 Posts
@MLR16, this is a 5 year old thread and DougFarley hasn't logged into the site since then, so you are unlikely to get a response from that user.

As well, this site as a 15 post/15 day rule for people posting for sale and want to buy offers, where you have to be a member for at least 15 days and have made at least 15 posts to do so, in order to cut on on people scamming others on this site. Or you can become a premium member and post a wtb offer right away.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts