My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to add hyd hook ups on my 650 for things like a hyd top link for down pressure and maybe a home made 3 point splitter. Has anyone have auxiliary remotes on there 650, if so is it factory, home built or after market? Would like to see some photo,s thanks in advance for any info.

·
All-around nice guy
1,313 Posts
A dual selective control valve kit was available for some time, but I don't think it is anymore.
The part number is: AM107112 Kit.
The parts might be available separately.

Click here for diagram and part numbers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I needed extra valves too. The factory kits are no longer available. What I did to solve the problem was to add a manifold and solenoid valves. I built a valve bank with two circuits and mounted them on my snow blower. 3 hoses run back to the tractor: pressure, power beyond, and tank return. Control of the valves are made by electrical toggle switches. The main benefit to me was that I don't have hoses and valves etc. permanently mounted and in the way all summer when I don't need them, and, the controls are no effort and conveniently located. You can see a couple of the hoses connected under the seat with quick couplers and how I routed them down under the tractor and then along the right side in the picture with out the cab on. You'll see the hydraulic control switches in the cab.

Now I've started a project to power angle my rear 3pt blade. (Will post the project on a new thread when complete) I now need a bank of 4 valve circuits in order to run the blower and blade. I'm in process of moving the valve bank from the snow blower to the rear blade. I'm streamlining the system to become a "stand alone" and removable system that could be used to control hydraulics on any attachment, just in case i'd want to control several cylinders on something like a pull behind box scraper.

If you go this route, be prepared to spend some bucks!! (although you'd probably spend as much or more if you could find a JD kit). Also, electric valves were almost the same price as manual valves...the advantage is that you can tuck them out of the way and control by remote switches. A two valve set up cost me about $800 with all the hoses and fittings. One circuit is a two way cylinder (chute rotation) and the other is a two way cylinder converted to one way action, power lift and float (no down pressure). The only disadvantage I've found is that you can't feather or creep a cylinder-- With the solenoid valves its all on or off! Not a problem for the most part.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
One other thing for you to consider: The 650 only has a 5 gallon per minute pump on it, at 1500 psi. If you use a 4" diameter cylinder x 24" stroke, for example, as a log splitter, It will make about 9 tons of force. It will also take 16 seconds to extend the cylinder, and that's if you are getting a full 5 gallon a minute flow. Not going to be real fast... If you cheat down to a 3" x 24" cylinder, you'll lose power (5 tons) but it will only take 9 seconds to extend the cylinder. Bottom line, the 650 just doesn't have a lot of pressure or flow, but if you aren't in a hurry, it can do it.:goodl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.