My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering the value of a 1975 Case 646 with loader. Haven't been able to run it yet, but it looks to be in decent shape, although the front cylinders do show pitting. Sheet metal is straight. "Assuming" it is fair to good condition overall, any ideas as to reasonable/ fair offer/ value?

Never having owned on eof these models, is there any reason to stay away from it?

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ingersoll444 said:
Well a lot depend on the equpimit that comes with it. Does it have a 3PH?, and Hydro PTO?

I have never seen a loader go for under 2grand. most seem to run between 2-3 grand depending on what they have.

I second Paul's statement. I have seen a couple on Ebay go for less than 2 grand but they were pretty rough. I have a 644 and now don't know what I would do without it. As i believe you know since, if I remember correctly, you have a 3000 series already and know they are built to last. The only issue that I have is I would like to put a ROPS on it for added protection especially with the loader and all but have been unable to get an answer from Ingersoll if there is a retrofit for it. Plus you have to look at it as how much is it really worth to you and how much to you really want it. Great machines though and from my experience with my 644 are willing to work more than their capacity.

Hope this helps,
Bob

·
Super Moderator
31,425 Posts
Bob has it right. These tractors will do FAR more then you would seem. They look like a GT with a loader, but that is far from the case.

I would love to fine one myself, but have not had the right deal come by. Kinda hoping I find one for cheap with a bad rearend[the only weakness the Cases have realy] becouse I have my 224 that with about 1600 hours on it is reaching the end of its life, and has a good axle.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I just got my 644 with loader, mower deck, disk, 3 ph and hydralics for tiller. Paid $2,550, plus $100 electrical parts to get it running right. So far I'm impressed with it and the loader capabilities.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. This one only has the loader and weight box. Does not have a deck or clutch for one that I saw. I got to check it out and everything works fine. Engine sounded smooth. Hydraulics easily lifted front of tractor.

Single speed rear end???

·
Registered
132 Posts
Paul's right. 2 speed rear end hi/low will be directly in below seat. Now depending, to check out the rear end should be relatively easy. At least it was on my 644 :) . Unlike the other models all you need to do is remove the rear fenders seat and gas tank and there should be a cover plate directly on top of the tranny that will come off and give you access to the rear gears to check the cluster gear bolts. Only real issue that I know of with these as they can shear off. If you would like pics I have some from when I checked out mine. Again great little loaders!!!! I have wuite a few manuals as well if anyone needs them.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts