My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i need some help here with my LB. I have fuel leaking through the air cleaner and muffler. I think i need a carb rebuild but need to know the part numbers i need to get and ill download the parts viewer and reassemble. Any one know anybody that does this work in michigan? i was going to have someone rebuild/clean the engine(even though it runs )if parts are around while i repaint the deck and handles. Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
21,221 Posts
Sounds like the needle is sticking. You will be able to take the carb apart, check it out, rebuild if necessary, and put back together easily without any damage, I'm sure. There will be some fellows posting to your question that are very familiar with the specific carb on this unit.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your visits and be sure to check out some of the other topics. Lots to see and do here. Check back often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome and the fast responses. I can see you guys actually care about helping people out. I think im going to like this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also to adjust the carb...is there supposed to be a screw under the float chamber? looks like something was broke off. or do i mess with the copper screw on the top of the carb?

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
small 1/4" screw is the altitude screw(air/fuel). Turn it to seat(clockwise) lightly, then 2 full turns CCW to get the engine started and warmed up for final adjustment which will be turning the screw back CW since 2 full out is a richer setting. Usually about 1.25 to 1.5 turns from seated position will make them run well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts