My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill give the best detail I can with my limited terminology.
Pump was rebuilt three weeks ago.
Lift cover rebuilt three months ago.
Due to location of tractor to where I live I had two different people do the work.

Even though theses were rebuilt in still having the same problem I originally had with the exception of the lift leaking down. It holds fine.

From initial start of tractor I have very little position control. The lift over travels and I get my best position control by lowering it in to place rather than raising it. The draft control lever is in horizontal position but is able to be moved straight up or straight down. I have to lift the pc lever about a third of the way up before arms will start to lift and the the top quarter of pc lever position feels very tight.

After running the machine for awhile, sometimes 20-30 min and sometimes a few hours, the pc lever doesn't do anything. Just moves up and down with no response from hydraulics. Once this happens the hydraulics go in and out randomly. Once I get the arms to raise they take at least a few seconds to lower after I lower the pc lever. I just want this fixed and don't know if I should replace the valves first or just clean and make adjustments. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,084 Posts
Something is not right with your draft control selector. It should only rotate 90 degrees. If you can move it from pointing straight down all the way to pointing straight up then there's something wrong with the linkage inside the lift cover. Most likely the linkage for the main lever isn't right either.

When you say that you had someone rebuild the lift cover, just what exactly did they do? If they just replaced the various o-rings then they only did half of the job. They should have gone through the full adjustment procedure as outlined in the service manual as well, which it sounds like didn't get done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I thought it should only go horizontal or down and not up on draft lever. It looks like the fork is bent where the spring goes over it. I'm going to order new parts and replace the bolts and springs etc. I don't have a nudady tool but it does not seem to adjust properly. I can either have draft adjusted or pc but not both. I guess ill replace the valves too since I'm in there.

I believe they made adjustments but I think they should have replaced some parts too and didn't.

·
Premium Member
8,084 Posts
The I&T FO-31 manual gives an "alternate" method for adjusting that does not require the special nuday tools.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a solution. Bought a new cover plate with good adjustments made. Used but working. Going to replace orings and clean valves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts