My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find some info for a buddy wanting me to get an old tractor that looks like new running. The best we can track it down, this is a 1964 Ford 2000 farm tractor, that looks almost showroom clean. It has fire,(now) and will try to run with the choke closed. The carburetor is a long bowl Holley that has a crack from the throttle down almost to the bowl visible on the outside of the carb body. We have cleaned the carb, but that did nothing except let us know that we cleaned the carb. The engine is getting no fuel. We have full flow to the carb, so we know it is nothing simple like a trashy tank or fuel line. Short of replacing the carb (found one online for around $200 bucks that is not guaranteed) with another one like the other one, has anyone ever had such a problem?
Also, does anyone know if a suitable Zenith carb would be a decent replacement?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
90 Posts
First, if it has a Holley, it is a '65 or newer. Does it have 3 cylinders? If so, it will be newer.
Second, if the carb is cracked, you are losing vacuum through that crack and that is why it only tries to run with choke on.
Most of the 3 cylinder gas units used Holleys, but there was a Zenith for it as well. I would look at getting the Holley.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts