My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out if I am lazier than lazy. I decided that instead of robbing a known good powerhead of it's on/off, coil & flywheel I decided to swap the whole thing. I also woulda swapped the carbs. Anyway, I was too lazy to swap all that stuff over to find out the other motor was junk. It fired right up, off course! The only giveaway that this is incorrect is that this one doesn't have that long shaft on the back of the engine that bolts to the tank support. Also, the Lawnboy sticker is not on here. I think I'll run this one a few times until I find the "correct" one in my parts.

-Dave

Attachments

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Seems that the engine on there now was from one of those "JC Penny" lawnboys because they don't have front stickers on them under the front mounted tank, and they don't have that "tail" that gets attached to the gas tank stand.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems that the engine on there now was from one of those "JC Penny" lawnboys because they don't have front stickers on them under the front mounted tank, and they don't have that "tail" that gets attached to the gas tank stand.
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner. That's what I got it from except it was the lawnboy labeled version. That mower had a split tank & a cracked deck so I felt no shame in boning it out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well like you said its faster to just change the motor off at once than go piece by piece I guess.

Im jealous of your commercial deck.
Ours is swiss cheesed beyond repair and missing a section by the trailing flap.
Its a shame too since the commercial HD decal is still in good shape like yours there. Sigh.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well like you said its faster to just change the motor off at once than go piece by piece I guess.

Im jealous of your commercial deck.
Ours is swiss cheesed beyond repair and missing a section by the trailing flap.
Its a shame too since the commercial HD decal is still in good shape like yours there. Sigh.

I'll keep my eyes open for one. It seems to have a unique lip on the trim edge and also an odd groove by the discharge plate or I would recommend re-decking it.

It's in good shape because I believe it was homeowner used. My dad got it from a powercenter as a unit that a customer declined to have repaired. The tag read "no spark" and the boot on the coil was missing and a few of the wires where disconnected from the on off switch. The other powerhead seems nice, I'll certainly swap it back. I'll have to rob the parts from one of those helmet heads. I figured I'd just test this powerhead out and sell it if it turns out to be strong.

-Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts