My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to adjust my deck so it is level. left to right it was at 3" right along with what I have the dial set at. the front was at 2 1/2" and the rear at 3 1/2". I know how to lower the rear, but the front I am having problems getting the left and right front to set just below 3". I have the jd gauge and have the online manual. is there a trick been fighting for over a hour.

·
Registered
372 Posts
ok make sure tire pressure is correct and you are on a level surface . turn both outside blades toward front of tractor so you can take a measurement from each tip on both sides . to adjust up and down loose the lock jam nut then turn clockwise if you need to raise the deck conter clock wise to lower it and then check measurments again the front should be a little lower according to book about 6mm or 1/4 in hope this helps

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still fighting with the thing. thinking about starting at square one, loosing up the front nuts and then taking the side to side up to 3" and then doing the front to back and setting the front at 3" and the rear at 3 1/8.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was reading the online manual, and I know my arms hit when they are up so I have to adjust them first. but what adjustment setting should i be using 2",3" or what, cause at 3" the blades from side to side are at 2 1/2". if I adjust the arms first to just away from the stops then adjust up to 3" I think they will be hitting again won't they.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts