My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A fellow collector but not Lawn boy, traded me the 6254 for a vintage exercise bike. A surprise 5277 came along with the deal. Both need clean up and going through, but will make good running mowers. I had my eye on a staggered D commercial for some time now and finally got one!

Attachments

·
More Grass!
112 Posts
People collect old exercise bikes?

I have one in my garage this instant. (All there and works, but busted belt.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
People collect old exercise bikes?

I have one in my garage this instant. (All there and works, but busted belt.)
People that colect exercise bike say, people collect Lawn boys? and what do you mean you have more then one mower? Lol.

·
More Grass!
112 Posts
Well, I guess I won't be throwing out any of my pack-rattery any time soon!

Now, if someone's got a Monkey Wards self-propelled from around 1960, that I might have to collect. :D

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
That must have been a pretty nice bike!

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,941 Posts
That commercial was a great find. As far as the other one goes, the 5277 would have been a Vader shroud. If the model tag is correct, perhaps a different replacement engine was installed on the 5277 deck. A good mower to use but not worth anything as a collectible. If that 5277 deck is in good shape it could bring $100 all day on eBay and a good running F engine close to the same. Are you going to do a restore, cosmetic upgrade, or use the commercial as is? Bill

Reactions: Lawnboy2018

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Bill, I will probably install the correct shroud on the 5277, clean it up, get it going and sell it. The F are not my thing except for the pre compliance commercials. The 6254 is getting a clean up and occasionally use. The deck has lost 95% of the paint, but is in great shape. No cracked or pitting. The shroud, tank and bar wrap are sun bleached but mostly there. I'll just try to restore the paint on the shroud and tank. Is there a trick to restoring the bar wrap? The handle bar will get new Bermuda sand colour paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts