My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a pic a close pic of a 6216 with a snow thrower attachment? I have a 6216 and a sbow thrower that I think is a little older and only a 36" but looks like same mounts on ones ive seen in the past! I dont know if Im missing something or its complete does anyone have infor and pics?:thanku:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a snowblower for my 6216. I've used it for the past couple winters. It's mounted with a long hitch that comes between the front wheels at least two feet. If you have the right hitch for it, it should be pretty obvious how it mounts. Pictures should help.

Waidmann

·
ordinary average guy
1,521 Posts
this is what your hitch should look like for your machine.
if you have need of close ups, give me a shout.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
this is what your hitch should look like for your machine.
if you have need of close ups, give me a shout.

Cityboy, I would agree this is the correct hitch but, doesn't it have the wrong angle clip that attaches to the trunnion mount at the rear? I had to put approx. 1 1/8" worth of shims under the angle clip to get the right height. I think the angle clip you are showing is for the 4200 series?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats the blower I have But that metal bracket behind I do not! Is their any where I can get one of those?

Oh and is it difficult to remove the deck? It aint like no craftsman! Built alot better but seems alot trickier!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't want to be a wet blanket here, but I'm not sure you can mount the 36" snowblower on the 6216. My owner's manual only lists the 42" as one of the optional accessories.

Back when I was searching for the snowblower, I did a lot of research and came up with the manufacturer's part number for all the different parts of the hitch. I can't find all that research, which leads me to conclude that I must have tossed them. At any rate, I looked (off and on) for a couple years for the hitch alone, and was unsucessful. Good luck locating just the hitch.

Waidmann

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Thats the blower I have But that metal bracket behind I do not! Is their any where I can get one of those?

Oh and is it difficult to remove the deck? It aint like no craftsman! Built alot better but seems alot trickier!
Have you downloaded the manuals for this tractor and attachments? If not, you can get them for free on the simplicity web page. O and you can pull the deck in about 2 mins. Its made to remove with all of the different attachments out there for the tractor. NICE!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys and If Anyone is reading this that lives in the metro detorit area or toledo area Ill pay ur gas buy u lunch and so forth for help on some things! I know this sounds weird but Ive never owned simplictys before and love the tractor but have alot of questions and things that are not working right on the tractor that are hard to explain or fix thru just word of mouth thru the forum!

And well in that case I have a snow blower attachment for sale if anyone wants to PM me I paid 50.00 Bucks for it but make an offer! Idk what im doing with it if I dont have the hitch with it!:fing20:

Id rather have a plow if anyone has one for this tractor!:praying:

·
NE Indiana
121 Posts
ezliving4ume,

I had one just like that on my 5216, it came with 2 rear brackets,1 was longer than the other.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I really think you will be happier blowing the snow than trying to push it around. With the blade you run out of places to put the snow in a hurry. With the blower you can put a lot of snow in a small area. I have one of those hitch assemblies but I not sure it is all there. I think it was new but some parts may have been removed. That's the same blower and hitch That I used on my 6212.5 with a 36" blower.
Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I failed to get pics yet again! But I appreciate all your guys help! And I understand what your saying about the blower is easier but I have no clue how to hook it up! Nor do I have a hitch! I cant travel any father than 50 miles at the moment one way to buy anything! Due to work! So idk! Like I said its for sale(the snow thrower) and would love a plow set up for it instead! Or a 42 inch set up with hitch for under 200 bucks if possible! Doesn't have to look pretty I am good at restoring things to new!

·
{This Space Available}
1,549 Posts
Agree blower is better.

Yes, 6000 series takes a taller mounting bracket. But 2 long bolts and some shims/bushings works fine for me.

Subframes show up on eBay starting around October for $100 or less + shipping. A decent plow will be $60 to $150. Plus, you will need the plow adapter mount -- $30 to $40 minimum and only about 2 a year show up anywhere.

You cannot drive anywhere within 50 miles to get this stuff. It is all NLA (no longer available)!

Your call but I'd advise to be patient and accumulate stuff.

·
ordinary average guy
1,521 Posts
the hitch in the picture will fit 4000, 5000, & 6000 series machines. and yes there are 2 different mounting brackets. and dont forget about the lift lever needed for those machines too.
the blower itself will go on just about any machine.....with the proper hitch.:fing32:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts