My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 601 runs good when the gas tank is full but when it gets less than a half tank and I go up a hill while bush hogging, it pulls down and I have to stop and let the motor catch up. I have put on a new line and filter but it hasn't helped.

·
Premium Member
8,617 Posts
Have you checked for any debris inside the tank itself? There is a screen on the top of the shutoff valve up inside the tank that can get clogged by any debris in the tank. Also, how is the fuel line routed from the shutoff valve down to the carb? The original routing was almost straight down between the manifold and the head and many have had the lines rerouted from the shutoff valve up to the front of the engine and then down and back to the carb. If it has that modified routing then gravity might not be able io keep enough fuel flowimng when going up a hill to keep things running strong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked for any debris inside the tank itself? There is a screen on the top of the shutoff valve up inside the tank that can get clogged by any debris in the tank. Also, how is the fuel line routed from the shutoff valve down to the carb? The original routing was almost straight down between the manifold and the head and many have had the lines rerouted from the shutoff valve up to the front of the engine and then down and back to the carb. If it has that modified routing then gravity might not be able io keep enough fuel flowimng when going up a hill to keep things running strong.
It has been rerouted and I drained the tank last night and the screen is open at the top so I am going to replace it and move the line.Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts