My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
case nut or nut case?
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I just picked up a 1987 444 ingy and I have a 60" LHD mower I am wondering what years the deck fits,not sure when the longer case started and the reverse ingy started,I tried to find an attatchment guide that I have seen before but cant remmember where CNY Dave

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
It should fit on your 444, just measure on the floor between the seat pedestal and the steering pedestal to see if it is 15" which means you have the correct (longer) frame.

·
case nut or nut case?
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I must be missing something,If any one has a J48 60" deck attatched to thier tractor can you send me some pics of the mule drive where it goes on the front,I dont have a bracket or something Thanks CNY Dave:trink39: :thanku:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Keep in mind that the 60" deck uses a different mule drive than the others, I'll go out and get a shot of it.

Forgive the rust this machine needs a total repaint. :(

·
case nut or nut case?
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Caseman my deepest appreciation for your pics BUT I have the other style mule drive,Mine is a J48 yours must be the M48,mine has the big tension spring under the pulleys,I will try to post pics of mine tommorrow Thanks again CNY Dave:thanku:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Well, it's not hard to tell that MU doesn't own either of those tractors.:sidelaugh

Oh, I don't know, had he not sold his I was going to sneak over there while he was at work and pull a switcheroo. I'm an eternal optimist - I doubt he would have even noticed. :D

·
case nut or nut case?
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bart thats the one I have and I figured the back part of the mule drive went in the upper holes so I must have something binding cause I cant attach the front adjustment plate to the pins I will try to get a better handle on it tommorrow,I just put new bearings and belts on the J46 deck that goes on my 446 and also on my RM48 deck for the 4016 so I been busy Thanks again CNY Dave:trink39: :thanku:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
That mule drive is a real pain to install which is why I have only done it once and is probably also why Ingersoll redesigned it. As I recall you have to have the linkages partially disassembled to mount it but it's been so long since I installed mine I can't recall exactly what I did.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
That mule drive is a real pain to install which is why I have only done it once and is probably also why Ingersoll redesigned it. As I recall you have to have the linkages partially disassembled to mount it but it's been so long since I installed mine I can't recall exactly what I did.
Yeah, when I first saw that I was thinking "what kind of nightmare did those engineers have to design that".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts