My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I have go a different route and purchase and hack up a Trac Vac or Peco boot, I am looking to see if anyone on here has one available for a 60" deck. They are long discontinued and rare, but I would to keep it as orginal as I can do my 20G. I've already reached out to Peco and Trac Vac to see if they could help me out with discontinued parts but they were no help and I really do not want to get a plastic cut to fit boot either.

Does anyone have one available by chance ?

Thanks! Mark

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Well, if you are handy with a welder, and get a cheap ring roller, it's relatively straightforward to fab one up from sheet metal...

I bought a new boot from Trac Vac, supposedly for the deck of my 52" snapper, but I had to modify it to mount properly, and from looking at it, it would be pretty straightforward to make one that is more customized for my deck. The new boots are more of a "block" with a round opening attached to it for the hose, compared with the boot in your picture, where it fits exactly and the whole thing is curved....

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Well, if you are handy with a welder, and get a cheap ring roller, it's relatively straightforward to fab one up from sheet metal...

I bought a new boot from Trac Vac, supposedly for the deck of my 52" snapper, but I had to modify it to mount properly, and from looking at it, it would be pretty straightforward to make one that is more customized for my deck. The new boots are more of a "block" with a round opening attached to it for the hose, compared with the boot in your picture, where it fits exactly and the whole thing is curved....
Ditto on the sheet metal and welder, maybe a hand held plasma cutter and grinder. Production appears to be basically a pipe, or flat stock rolled up into a cylinder, top and bottom (may be the same), outside arc, and inside close out, and mounting brackets all welded together. I don’t think you even need any other special tools. Keeping the right cylinder OD will be the most critical, but using thicker sheet will make it easier to weld.

Otherwise, I would recommend one of the plastic adapters from Cyclone Rake. Keep in mind the 90 degree change in the air flow that the adapter has to cause. Cyclone Rake seems to understand that as well as anyone and keeps nice smooth transitions that are easiest to do in plastic. Even though it’s not original, making it work well should still be your primary goal. The only issue will be if they have one for your model. Modifying one to fit your deck is fairly simple. Push it against the deck, mark from inside the deck, and cut with a jigsaw. It attaches to the deck with brackets they supply. You might want to paint the plastic black rather than the original orange color or orange.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
The 50" deck boots are relatively common. 60" boots, not so much. I think I'd attempt to adapt a 50" boot to the 60" discharge using HVAC tin.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts