·
David in NC
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Date for the 5TH ******* plow day will be

MARCH 24TH at 9:00 AM

485 Gum Springs Rd

Taylors, SC 29687

Bring some stuff to sell for the swap meet.

All garden tractors welcome. No big tractors please. There will be a liability waiver to sign.

I'll pass more info along after the first of the year.

Im posting this to help out the guy who puts on this event. Its very well organized and great fun and good times. All makes and models and colors of garden tractors are welcome. Dry camping is also available. Try to make this one if you can.

·
David in NC
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pics from last years event...

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af355/Iluvtruks0/*******%20Plowday/P8290060-1.jpg

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af355/Iluvtruks0/*******%20Plowday/P8290096-1.jpg

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af355/Iluvtruks0/*******%20Plowday/P8290119.jpg

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af355/Iluvtruks0/*******%20Plowday/P8290105.jpg

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af355/Iluvtruks0/*******%20Plowday/P8280048.jpg

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
That looks like a great time! March up here in Maine is nothing but a soupy mess.

·
David in NC
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's really fun. Before I found the long awaited for 7790, I bought a Cub Cadet 882 diesel. I went through it and got it mechanically sound. Then New tires and a new 3pt hitch plus buying a plow. I can't afford to do all that again and have two plow tractors so for now, the 7790 will keep towing the dump cart and the 882 will stay the dedicated plow machine. One day though, I would love to have that orange diesel turning the dirt!!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
If I can get the 990 reliable and the sleeve hitch adapter built for the 3pt I will try to make it. I will try to get Jon to go but we have to get a plow and hitch for his tractor.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

·
David in NC
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will have to rent one cause I don't trust mine.
What do you need a trailer for when you've got plenty of room on top of the Toyota!! It would be awesome if y'all could come. I know that's a long drive for you though.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
If I can drive from Alabama to make it, you NC guys can drive it.......

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
What do you need a trailer for when you've got plenty of room on top of the Toyota!! It would be awesome if y'all could come. I know that's a long drive for you though.
We might take the truck. I don't know how we will get the 990 on the roof of the wagon. If we put a tractor in the back of the truck we still need room for the 990. We got a few months to save up for gas cause the truck gets 10 miles per gallon loaded or unloaded. Plus Jon wants to use the truck for truck things.

Robert with that said I guess I have to go then. Got to show the cub guys what a 990 can do if it wants to be used.:banghead3

·
David in NC
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This NC boy will be there. Id love to see a 990 in action.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
This NC boy will be there. Id love to see a 990 in action.
I will try to be there with it. Got to fix a few leaks and get it tuned. If I don't kill it between now and then it will be there. Heck I will even let you drive it.

·
David in NC
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will try to be there with it. Got to fix a few leaks and get it tuned. If I don't kill it between now and then it will be there. Heck I will even let you drive it.
As much as I appreciate the gesture, i try not to drive other peoples machines simply due to the fact that usually once I operate one, I must have one. Im trying to thin out the herd not grow it!!

Just kidding though, I would love to. We can swap machines for a couple furrows and you can test out the CC 882

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
As much as I appreciate the gesture, i try not to drive other peoples machines simply due to the fact that usually once I operate one, I must have one. Im trying to thin out the herd not grow it!!

Just kidding though, I would love to. We can swap machines for a couple furrows and you can test out the CC 882
That works. But I really think you need a 990. It is not fun being the only NC member with a 990.

·
David in NC
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That works. But I really think you need a 990. It is not fun being the only NC member with a 990.
Well just to make you happy, Ill let you in on a secret...there is a guy about 8 min away from me that has another version of the MTD 990 and also a Simplicity powermax with a loader!! Im working on him. Hes a tough old egg to crack though. Someday, I will have them.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Well just to make you happy, Ill let you in on a secret...there is a guy about 8 min away from me that has another version of the MTD 990 and also a Simplicity powermax with a loader!! Im working on him. Hes a tough old egg to crack though. Someday, I will have them.
If you get the 990 and when you get tired of it let me know. I doubt you will get tired of it. If you get it we can have a 990 owner get together or something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everyone!

I dont get over here much but David will be handling the posts here and some other sites for me. Id really like to see some differant colors plowing, a 990 would be awsome! Ive met Robert, and Ive been to one bama plow day, if ya get a chance you outa go its great plowing.

I havent worked out all the details yeat except the date. As it says above it will be the 5th plow day for me to host. It will be at the same fields we were at last year, and the farmer has taken out al the rased beds except for like 2 fields. Theres 40 acres total to be plowed, or at least in feilds. This is a comercial farm or as some call it a working farm. Im at the mercy of their help so if we get in there early in the season we will have more to plow.

Last year I think we had like 47 tractors plowing. Id like to keep it 25 hp or less, like the biggest tractors would be the power kings, farmall cubs, and the mitsi and bota compacts. Im working with a local dairy for another plow day in the spring for the larger tractors. I think Im nuts to try and pull off 2! The one at the dairy I will have no real control over, its just a farm that could use help turning dirt. They have a good friend that dose BBQ, we had talked about that for lunch at the dairy.

But for now if you want to just write it on the calander and Dave will post the details as they come about. Me and a few other stay fri night at the feilds and some go to the local hotels. All that infor will come in Jan, the first of feb.

I really couldnt do this with out all the crazy people out there that collect these garden tractors. Its really a great time meeting everyone, and putting name and faces togeather.

Thanks Vince

Oh and I plan on making 2 rounds with my wheel horse!

Attachments

·
David in NC
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heres a little update from Vince...

"Hey Everyone

I stopped in at the farm yesterday and Im happy to say all but one field is in rye grass for us. Dyrell said that with everything we did for him last year, he was going to take advantage of our help. He's excited to see everyone again and plow a bit himself. Everything behind the chicken house has been leveled up for us and all the fields on the front of the farm, up by the road, are leveled up for us too. Last year we tried to do them, but the raised beds that were under plastic were just too big for our small tractors.

Ill be looking forward to seeing everyone again!"

1 - 20 of 53 Posts