My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I have a model 59 blower for the X55 and x70 series tractors that I have listed on CL locally in central Mass. It is missing the part of the mount that has the bearing and joins the two driveshafts and also has the hyd lift cylinder. Is does have both the long and short shafts. I have had it up for a few weeks and only got one lowball offer. Am in the right ballpark asking $1800?

I know what the 47 blowers go for and based on that I thought this would be a reasonable starting price since this is much less common.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,960 Posts
Well if you are missing parts then I suspect that you need to show you've allowed for that in the price. As is $XXXX.XX and if I have to buy and apply missing parts $XXXX.XX. I wouldn't want to think I was paying full price for something missing parts; just a suggestion!

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Are the missing parts still available from JD? If so, it might be worth your while to get them and advertise it as complete.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I considered finding the missing parts used. With different parts this blower could work on a bunch of CUT’s. I didn’t like the idea of spending $ to narrow the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
31,960 Posts
Well, I'd say lower the price a bit to draw some more interest and just state what pieces are missing for which model(s) that it could fit on. Whomever would be buying would want to know what items they may need to get to make it work on their model. Good luck with the sale turboaudi80!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, Bit late to the dance...but here's my experience about 6-7 years ago: my 955 59" snowblower I bought somewhat like yours locally second-hand for $2500. I still paid another $1200 to buy the long PTO shaft, the transfer bearing mount, and the hydraulic lift cylinder. Mine had no rust when new. Yours is missing the pivot clip and bolt that holds the lift cylinder on the blower. The transfer bearing mount is sized model specific, so in some respects selling as it is to customer who can then spend the $ to fit it to their model Deere may be the best arrangement for everyone. After all is said and done tho, it is a terrific snow clearing piece of equipment on my 955! I typically clear a good acre total each snowfall around the farm...it is quick and bullet proof. Based upon what you have, I would look for about $1500-1600 or repaint, straighten the bent drift blade, find the missing hydraulic clip and see if there are any transfer bearing mounts for sale still. see link : John Deere Parts Catalog

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sold it for $1500 to a really nice guy that is going to use it on a Ford. I think it might bring more if I held out, but I paid less than that for it along with a bunch of other stuff. I also got a hyd dump mcs, 425 front hitch, de thatcher, roller, spreader, and a chain saw.

I gave the saw to my dad and sold the spreader. So far I’m up $550 from what I paid and I still have the MCS, quick tach hitch, roller and dethatcher.

·
Super Moderator
31,960 Posts
Well he's happy and so are you so that is a "Good" deal! Congrats on the sale!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried to convince my dad to pick up an 855 to use it. He is about 45 minutes south of Moosehead and gets lots of snow. He would love it but wasn’t ready to add another Deere to his fleet right now. I gave him the little Husky saw as a consolation prize.

We are scheming about mounting an old Fischer plow to the bucket on his 2040 to knock the banks back when they get too high from plowing with a pickup.

·
Registered
26 Posts
John Deere attachments seem to command a high used value as many buy and sell them for a profit. Flippers are aware the green paint is always in demand. It takes time and patience shopping for them. I was looking for a 47" snow blower for my 4110. Prices ranged from 2000 to 3400 in many cases. Finally I found a three year old complete snow blower ( quick tach, drive shaft, and main housing along with the owners manual ) for $1100.00, less than a hundred miles away. Changing the mower and snow blower for an older gentleman resulted in calling the dealer and paying a service charge. He decided to leave the mower on and sell the snow blower. It works perfectly. No old rust or bearing replacement to contend with, and bright yellow shiny paint. Out of season purchases have a distant advantage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts