My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends: Any help appreciated!

I have a 2010 2305 with about 10 hours on it. I am having a problem suddenly tonight when I use the rockshaft lever to raise the deck. I can see the rear three point hitch moving up and down but the mower deck is staying down.

When I try to raise the deck, I rear a slight thud sound as it attempts to raise. I found if I man-handled the deck and lift up on it as the hydraulics were attempting to raise it as well, it would lift, but then when I would drive it a few feet it would fall to the lowest setting.

Any thoughts? Also, I never actually expected any problems with this machine and I know this must be under warranty if a problem - right?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Check the linkage that runs up the left hand side of the tractor. It attaches to the left hand 3 point arm and goes forward to the rock shaft that lifts the mower. Also make sure the rod that ties the 2 arms together is still tight.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So- I can see the linkage you reference but would it make it easier to remove the deck or does that defeat the fix? I can't see anything out of order with the hardware and linkage. Is the connector to the rockshaft behind the frame? Do you happen to have any pictures to point out the area I should check more specifically?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Take a look at the tab on the left side that goes on top of the left 3 point lower arm. Is it bent? slkpk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Are you using the spreader bar on the 3PH?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. Ok. I don't have the spreader bar on at all. I haven't had it on since I got the ballast box. And I never cut grass with the ballast on. So, I will try putting spreader bar back on and let you know. Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 54C MMM won't lift - JD 2305 - RESOLVED!

Thank you all - great suggestions! The spreader bar was what was missing!
:fing20:

Here are some pics of this simple fix - hope it can help others too:

-
-
-

-
-
-

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Now go get yourself a Quick Hitch or a drawbar in there and be done with it. Glad it was a cheap and easy fix. slkpk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL - I just hung up with the local JD dealer - going to pick up iMatch system once the bushing kit is in!

:trink39:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess my next question is, is there a separate hydraulic lift for the rear 3PTH versus the MMM? Seems awkward to have to lift the MMM and rear 3PHT at the same time.

Most of my applications don't require that I remove the MMM. So, I would prefer not to but still move the ballast.

I think I have read about that here but is that possible for the JD 2305?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
The cheap easy fix is to lock your MMM in the highest position and be done with it. slkpk

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
The cheap easy fix is to lock your MMM in the highest position and be done with it. slkpk
Yup......& don't forget to raise the anti scalp wheels to their highest position too.

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
In the pic with the deck working -- after the "fix" -- I noticed "Viola!"

I didn't see a viola, or hear any music!

Did you mean "Voila!"

A viola is a stringed instrument in the viol family.

Joe

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts
In the pic with the deck working -- after the "fix" -- I noticed "Viola!"

I didn't see a viola, or hear any music!

Did you mean "Voila!"

A viola is a stringed instrument in the viol family.

Joe
It's been CRUSHED under the left rear tire...:sidelaugh

1 - 17 of 17 Posts