My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds crazy, but I know small tractors like Ford 1100/1110 and B series Kubotas often had 540 PTOs on the back, and it made me curious as to if anyone has considered or attempted adapting a PTO into a 990 for running a small bush hog or finish mower. I know they don't have much power to do that kind of heavy labor, but it would be interesting to see it done. Was considering using the tiller driveshaft from the mid PTO and a gear reduction box with a 540 output on it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Have been considering upgrading tractors but I'm quite fond of mine and want to do something I've not seen before. I've noticed there isn't much space on the of the tractor but I think something could fit with some modifications. Even if it was a belt driven reduction, I think if the 3pt top link bracket was modified that a pulley or gear driven shaft could be fitted behind it. Just something I thought of when looking at implements.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Never read about or seen a 990 PTO out the rear. I sure it could be done. Maybe hang one underneath?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's sort of what I was thinking. Would be hilarious to see one of these things puttering around with a 3 or 4 foot bush hog behind it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts