My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Hulk the Diesel
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have to jockey things around in your garage, then this might be of use to those of you with a 54" blade. This works with a quick attach blade on a x7xx tractor. Thought I would share the details(and pictures of course).

I started with a 4 wheel dolly, with 4" wheels, purchased at Menards for $17. You can probably find them at other home improvement stores. This one says 1000lb capacity.

Dolly1 by Digital snap, on Flickr

I started by mounting a 26" length of 2"x6" to the bottom of the dolly using a couple of bolts where I am drilling. The front is just a couple of wood screws.

Dolly2 by Digital snap, on Flickr

I also cut a 3" piece of 2"x4" in half and mounted them on the front screwed up thru the bottom to keep the blade from slipping off the front.

Dolly3 by Digital snap, on Flickr

This picture shows it slid under the raised blade.

Dollyunder by Digital snap, on Flickr

After playing with it a bit I decided to add a raised piece of wood on the back of the 2"x6" to keep it from wanting to kick the dolly out when lowering the blade.

Rear addon by Digital snap, on Flickr

Here it is unattached. It seems pretty stable when rolling on rough surfaces. When you lower the blade, latches unlocked, it pushes the mount up off the front of the tractor, so it's pretty easy to take off and attach.

Finished by Digital snap, on Flickr

The only thing I might have done differently is to make the 2"x6" an inch longer, because I barely had room for the back piece of wood.

Luckily, the dolly didn't require much modification, and yes I can roll it up to the front, and with not much effort, pull/hook the plow into the front of the tractor, flip the locking pins, hookup the hydraulics and it will lock itself on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.