My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cleaning up my 5269. Repainted the white walls on the wheels. Clean the engine and deck. Retorqued all the nuts and bolts. Now I want to paint the air filter cap. Just wondering it the air filter chamber was also painted green. My chamber is bare aluminum with no paint on it now. Checked online but cant find a definite good picture. Here's some pictures of my mower before white wall repaint.

Attachments

·
5,308 Posts
I have a 7259 with the magnesium air filter housing and the cap and the housing are both painted beige. I would bet that your cap and housing were both originally painted. Bill

·
Registered
296 Posts
Come to think of it,I'll double check my 5269 later.I know it's green but it may be a plastic one.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well,my 5269 has a round green plastic filter housing and cover.Don't know if that is oem.

·
Registered
296 Posts
From my bit of research,looks like both metal and plastic units were used. Both were green.

·
5,308 Posts
My 5269G, one of the later ones, has the round, green housing and cover in plastic. Looks like the early 5269's without the letter had both listed in the parts drawings. Probably a change over point in production. Bill

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Yup
Came with both depending on the year of MFG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Depending on cost, i'll get them re-plated. Don't like the look of painted on zinc. Perhaps get some NOS ones from ebay if price is right!

·
5,308 Posts
That is looking great!! Love the white sidewalls! Bill

·
5,308 Posts
Beautiful and ready for many more years of service. Do you need an owners manual for yours? Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts