My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 5247 to me is the boos of my lawnboys since it mulches the best and has always been ready to go.after i put a NEW gator blade on it it misses grass like you wouldent belive! before on all my mowers it was just the oppisite (tri cut or OMC blade would miss and the gator gets it all)whats the cause of this? i know the gator has twice the lift from watching grass fly off the side walk,before it would move a few inches.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Did you check to make sure it was sharp? I had a brand new blade the other day that was way dull straight out of the package.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Tough crowd. I spent 1/2 a season puzzling about the same thing on my Inty, I had put the blades on upside down. I never did well with spatial relationships. Stuff happens. Regard it as a lesson learned.:fing32:

·
Super Moderator
32,171 Posts
Tough crowd. I spent 1/2 a season puzzling about the same thing on my Inty, I had put the blades on upside down. I never did well with spatial relationships. Stuff happens. Regard it as a lesson learned.:fing32:
LOL I know... stuff happands. I ran the belt to my JD112,s mower deck wrong one time.... Wonderd what it was not discharging, and not cutting, and clumping like crazy!!!! Ya... I ran it backwords. :banghead3:banghead3

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i know the blade is on right because the teeth are on the up side like the blade says it should.but the left hand cuthas me thinking.ill check that

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Pull the starter cord and see which way the blade travels. Make sure the cutting edge is correctly oriented. Making sure it's sharp is important, too, but I would think even being pretty dull it would cut some.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pull the starter cord and see which way the blade travels. Make sure the cutting edge is correctly oriented. Making sure it's sharp is important, too, but I would think even being pretty dull it would cut some.
i ditto that and i checked it,everything is in propor working order.do you thing it has somthing to do with the season?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I doubt it. I just cut my lawn (Bermuda grass) with my 5247 this morning. It worked awesome. I'm not sure what type grass you have, but Bermuda is pretty tough stuff.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
even i dont even know what kind of grass i have lol,but ill try a differnt blade and see what happends.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts