My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I want to disable my seat safety switch. Normally I leave all safety overrides on however this ones going to get me hurt if I don't.

I mow a bank in front of my house and like to sit on the edge of the seat. I highly doubt I'd roll over but I just feel better sitting on the edge and it also gives me more traction on that wheel. When I hit a divot or slide a bit the mower goes to shut down and I have to slide back onto the seat to keep going. Its really driving me crazy. I'm not good at reading schematics so what would I have to do to bypass the seat switch.

I'm also having trouble with the forward speed. When I go up a hill or even turn sharp the lever comes back to neutral and I have to slide it forward and hold it. I'm pretty much cutting the yard with one hand on the lever and one on the wheel the entire time. Not a huge problem but I'd like to pick my speed and not have to touch it.

Thanks for any help you all can give.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Disabling Safety Switch How-To's are not allowed on MTF. Sorry
Your other problems can be discussed. :goodl:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could someone explain to me how it works then?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As for the forward reverse lever slipping back to neutral I tightened the bolt under the seat a little bit and that seemed to take care of it. I can now select my speed and it doesn't drift back to neutral any more. One problem fixed.

In trying to figure out why I was blowing fuses my seat safety switch was shorted out. To test this I just pulled the plug apart that goes to the switch in the seat and took a small piece of wire with blade connecters on each end and plugged them into the connecter on the tractor side. I then fired it up and started going forward. Fuse didn't blow, so then I engaged the blades and fuse still didn't blow. I plugged the safety switch back in and taped around the blades so they can't touch any bare metal and I'm good to go again. The metal wire connectors weren't seated all the way inside the plug and it was grounding out on the bottom of the seat when I would put the mower in forward or reverse or engage the blades. So I'm back in business again.

·
MTF Rasberry Farmer
264 Posts
I added a second nut under the seat to act as a lock nut, for Hydro drive. It hasn't come loose years later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts