My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at the cut cadet website and was wondering what to compare these to. I haven't seen one in person. Also wondering how much the optional decks cost.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got off the Phone with a Cub dealer and he said he had a 5252 left over from last model year with a 60" belly mower.
I ask how much and he said around $7200 or $7300. He said if I wanted to come check it out he would see if he could do even better. The only hours are driving from the front of the store to the back to be locked up at night. Does this sound like a good deal. How much should I try to get him down to.
The New 5252's list for $6999 without the mower. I don't know how much they charge for a 60" mid mount. any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
790 Posts
He's making you a deal........that mower this year with a deck is MAP priced at 7999.00. Little less with a 54". The introductory price on that machine last model year was $7499.00. Thats for power steering,dual range hydro,cat 1 hitch and 540pTO. Wish I could get more. Super machine.

Here's what you'll see.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Neil,
I appreciate the info. I do have another question. Do you have to completly remove the mower deck to use the 3 pt hitch??? and If so, Is it a big hassle?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Deck comes off easy..nt much more than removing a rear mount.......A mid mount deck could get in the way of using some implements. nO big deal to remove .....or get a '05 model (it now comes bare) and put a rear mount finsh mower on it...........Cub offers a 60'..........Woods has a 54" or 60" in the Heritage series.

Good deal either way.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,419 Posts
In your first post, you were wondering what these might compare to. Off the top of my head, the Deere "X" series, and Kubota's "BX" series. The Deeres are more $$$, and I don't know Kubota pricing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Your Opinions?

Neil and all:

Seems now that my B&S 12.5 hp blew up, I am going to need a new ride on lawn mower.

What would be the best of the Cub Cadets? I don't need an $8,000.00 machine to cut grass. The most I will be cutting will be about 2 acres, but there are hills that are pretty steep. My craftsman handled the job, but the 38" deck required a lot of passes.

Also, scalping was a big problem with the Roper deck and I really do not want to go down that road at all.

What I need is a ride on that will allow me to get a real good cut, no scalping (my lawn is not a golf course so it isn't perfectly smooth :) ), larger deck, and I am not sure whether I want Hydro or Manual transmission. All I know is that I do NOT want a Peerless transaxle for sure..

Ideas/input always appreciated.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
You would be looking at at least the 3000 series and possibly the 5000 series depending on your other uses for the machine...since your Craftsman managed the hills then the diff. lock really isnt required (but nice to have)..

I have a 3204 and have yet to need the diff. lock in very ice conditions and varying degrees of slopes in winter using chains..

You should see them up close and try them out if your serious

Ducati

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Ok Rudi how much do you want to spend how big a deck are you looking for. Cub don't make a Manual transmission only Hydro. The best Cub if all your going to do is Cut grass would be Cub 2550 it list for $3499 They also have one cheaper but it has a 44" deck the GT2544 for $2999. or if you want to go down to a 42" deck the LT2042 is only $2599. Anyone of these should give you many years of great service. Of course you can go up to the 3000 series and higher but the price goes up also. But any of the ones i posted will be great for 2 acres.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Any of the shaft drive machines will do you a good job.........they'd be like another world after a geardrive Craftsman with a Briggs.like Jody said.......all Cubs are hydro these days.
:fing02:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wow!... they still are not too cheap :(

Guess I am gonna have to pay the bucks ifn I want something decent.

Jody, you are right, I am gonna have to get out and test drive some of these things and see what I can afford or talk my wife into...

And yup, all I really need is a lawnmower - I have Ellie and Granny for everything else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts