My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 5000 series Cub and I am in need of two headlight bulbs. I cannot for the life of me figure out what type of bulb it is! I don't want to pay the dealer $20+ for one bulb. Any ideas what it is?

·
Deceased as of 06 February 2021
2,076 Posts
Not in the owner's manual? Are you in posession of the bulbs and found no # on them?
If you have one bulb, take it to an autoparts store. They're bound to be able to figure it out for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not in the owner's manual? Are you in posession of the bulbs and found no # on them?
If you have one bulb, take it to an autoparts store. They're bound to be able to figure it out for you.
Not mentioned in the manual. I have both bulbs all they say are 35/35-12v.
Haven't been able to find another bulb that has the same base.

Here is a picture....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,719 Posts
Hey guys I have a 5000 series Cub and I am in need of two headlight bulbs. I cannot for the life of me figure out what type of bulb it is! I don't want to pay the dealer $20+ for one bulb. Any ideas what it is?
Even in the Parts Manual they will Not Give You the Bulb size They Only sell it as 725-04084 Bulb Assembly, Headlight:thThumbsU

·
2,076 Posts
Because you're apparently limited to purchasing through a dealer, what I'd do is replace the sockets with automotive bulb sockets. Then you can choose the bulb of your very own choice! Get out the solderin' iron.

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
When I go in the local Advance Auto, those guys are so familiar with those bulbs, they can look at it from 10 feet away and go get a replacement.

Have you tried a good auto parts guy!!?? :dunno:

It can't be that unique!!:crybaby:

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
The mounting of the bulb has to be the same, too. He could change the socket end, but where the bulb screws into the headlamp housing, it has those two tangs, and that part would have to be the same on whatever bulb he decides to replace it with.

·
2,076 Posts
The mounting of the bulb has to be the same, too. He could change the socket end, but where the bulb screws into the headlamp housing, it has those two tangs, and that part would have to be the same on whatever bulb he decides to replace it with.
Yes! Take the socket with you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts