My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what I got! I was told it was a Bolens over the phone so when I got there, I wasn't seeing Bolens (MTD) or the original Bolens FMC. No manufacturer tag anywhere. Has a standard Peerless transaxle, with std looking Murray wheels. The only thing that got me to thinking yea, possibly a Murray was the Blade spindles looked like Quill style mandrel housings.

Engine is a Briggs Twin 18hp, with year code 84xxxxx. So it is at least a 84 or 85, but beyond that the deck doesn't resemble anything I've seen. Notice the raised skirt of the edges. Not a deep side skirt, as if it is designed to kick the grass all around the sides in a loose mulching style, and yet it has a side shute.....It has 3 blades, that you don't normally see on a 42" deck. This is supposed to be a runner. It has been the PO's back up mower, but he bought a new JD, so he didn't feel it necessary to have a back up mower any more. But it has sat for over a year. I need to charge the battery up and see why the "new" solenoid is not starting the engine. He was jumping the battery wire to start it.

Anyhoo, what is it? The colors remind me of something that Kmart might have sold back in the day....I don't know.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Thats a Murray, and an ugly one at that.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a Murray, and an ugly one at that.
LOL, PurplDodge, don't hold back now, let me know how you really feel about it!
I was hoping someone might know what retailer that color was. I thought it was Kmart. I found out it is a Murray over in Murray forum, just got a parts diagram for its model in Murray. I'd love to know who retailed it.

·
JD318
990 Posts
For $50, who the **** cares who retailed it....good deal!
I agree, it does look like a K-Mart model...K-Gro or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts