My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up yesterday for $50. Found it on Craigslist and it seemed like a good deal. Let me know what you think......
I got it to start in the sellers driveway after about 6 pulls and it had been sitting in her shed for two years with the same gas in it. It smoked a bit when it first fired up, but I figured that to normal for sitting for so long.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a manual for it?

Craftsman Eager 1 3.0 hp Gas Edger
Model 536.871100

Attachments

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
looks like a handy tool to have!

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Kool little hedge trimmer you found! Seems like the price was right especially since it fired up easily!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Great find! I'd love to find one myself.

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Go to the Sears website. You can enter the model number and get all the documents for it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the comments. I was able to find the exploded parts diagram, but I still have yet to find a manual. Not that it is really necessary, the thing seems pretty simple to operate. It just would be nice to have the manual to go with it.

Thanks again.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Not bad for $50, even has the drop down wheel for doing curbing. The new ones don`t have that you just balanced the edger on two wheels, or get the edger attachment for split boom trimmers. The first 3 numbers 536 AMF (Murray) says who made it for Craftsmen. Just make sure you wear safety glasses while using it because even with the guard it still throws stuff at you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts