1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Thanks for the reference. Just bought one after seeing this. They did tack on $9 for tax in my case but still a good deal.

Too bad it's "online only"... there's a HD about 5 mins from me and I'd have been fine going to pick it up. I guess now I'm waiting for "ground".. (1 - 2 weeks?).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Tempting! I just bought a Craftsman 48" (Agri-Fab made, I think) core aerator for $100 more than that, and it has 2 fewer tine wheels and a lot less weight-tray capacity to boot. Only thing is, it looks like you can't raise and lower the Brinly from the tractor seat.

Not sure what I'm going to do. I haven't opened the Craftsman box yet, so I can still return it if I want to.

·
1,388 Posts
[...] Only thing is, it looks like you can't raise and lower the Brinly from the tractor seat.
I would think attaching a rope (or old broomhandle if pushing is required) to the lift lever would solve that problem.

Attachments

·
Ford LGT 100
398 Posts
Nice price... Too bad I'm broke.. :( :p No fun money to spare ATM.

·
L120/G110 Hybridizer
1,197 Posts
I would think attaching a rope (or old broomhandle if pushing is required) to the lift lever would solve that problem.
Only problem with that is, it also requires unsnagging from the locking pin. When loaded with weights, it's a significant task even standing next to the lever. The lever has to be pulled OUT before it can be moved fore-aft.

Paul

·
1,388 Posts
Only problem with that is, it also requires unsnagging from the locking pin. When loaded with weights, it's a significant task even standing next to the lever. The lever has to be pulled OUT before it can be moved fore-aft.

Paul
Hmm.. guess that would complicate matters.

Guess I'll get the chance to fab something up soon enough... mine arrives in a few days.

·
Diesel Power
1,610 Posts
Over in the John Deere forum(http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=119933&page=3) a few members found this sweet deal and since there has been a few posts here about which aerator to buy I figured I would share the find here. If you are looking for an aerator this is the one to buy! It's a plug and it's a very good deal.

We can thank bit-wizard, Jig Stick and andyb for this great find!

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100137013

$10 off code: DEPOT29
The promo code DEPOT29 expired 4-4-10, I couldn't find another one. Still a good deal at $129.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Anyone else get a "Certificate Error" for security when they went to order this aerator?

Chris

·
1,388 Posts
My aerator arrived a few days ago and I put it together last night and aerated the front and back yards this morning. Worked great.

Full review with pics of assembly and use over here.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Just tried to buy one, but now they are out online... I wonder if I could print it out and take it to the store.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just tried to buy one, but now they are out online... I wonder if I could print it out and take it to the store.
Might have a hard time finding a store that stocks this. Most of them only stock the 40" version which is much more expensive for some reason.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Why can't the 40" be cheaper, that really irks me. I just don't have the room to store a massive 48" plug aerator.

·
Registered
859 Posts
hey guys, just bought one online! the front page said out of stock, but if you click on the actual thing, you can add it to your cart and check out.

i figure even if they are out of stock, i will have a receipt with the price on it, and can always take it into the store and complain.

btw, $10 off $100 order is SPRING19 until the 25th (tomorrow)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Used mine today for the first time and it worked great until right as I finished the metal part where one of the wheels attaches bent pretty bad. It may have been caused by a turn I did that was a little sharper than any I had done before. Looks like I'll be putting in a call to Brinly on Monday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.