My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just taken delivery of a new 4720: I want to fit an aftermarket radio (as I'm in Australia the OE JD items are VERY expensive & we dont have Weather Band etc).

Removing the radio blanking plate I have found the wiring connector & antena led: A couple of questions:

1) are the speakers already installed & just need hooking up?
2) do I need an adapter plate to secure the radio in its slot? (part number anyone?)
3) anyone know the make of connector thats there or its technical description or where I can get one? I'd like to get the reciprocal fitting to simplify the wiring.

Many thanks for your help -

Ian

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: Not an electrician by any means but I'm sure others will chime in. Is it a cab or open station tractor? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome! Its a cab model.

I'd normally expect to get this info from the dealer but they seem to have lost interest after the initial sale - pity as I've been asked if I can recommend them!....they'll also lose out on the other implements I need to buy.

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: Not an electrician by any means but I'm sure others will chime in. Is it a cab or open station tractor? :)

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Welcome tarrawarra! The speakers do not come standard with the cab package. They must be ordered as an option, the part number is LVB26065, which was only 82.00 list. I am sure you will not have any problems getting speakers of your choice installed. Not sure about the rest of your questions but sure others will chime in.:goodl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.