My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MTF MEMBER
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this mounted to a X720 tractor, I've lubricated grease fittings on auger shaft as well driveshaft. I've checked gear box oil. I've sprayed lube on chain.

when I engage PTO it just seams it makes alot of noise down where driveshaft hooks to blower end, and where the chain is. I remember this last year, I thought maybe chain was a little loose, I checked and it seams to be ok. Does this sound normal? I'm just wondering people with same blower if yours does the same, and I have nothing to worry about. Or if something isn't right and should have it checked.

·
MTF MEMBER
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2010 x720

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I got this mounted to a X720 tractor, I've lubricated grease fittings on auger shaft as well driveshaft. I've checked gear box oil. I've sprayed lube on chain.

when I engage PTO it just seams it makes alot of noise down where driveshaft hooks to blower end, and where the chain is. I remember this last year, I thought maybe chain was a little loose, I checked and it seams to be ok. Does this sound normal? I'm just wondering people with same blower if yours does the same, and I have nothing to worry about. Or if something isn't right and should have it checked.
My 54" blower does make a bit of a racket when the PTO is engaged. I have not determined where the racket originates but can take a closer look/listen. The noise is nothing I notice when actually blowing snow as the roar of the diesel at WOT and cooling fan cyclone might have something to do with this.

I'll shoot a video of it (more to listen to) when I next get it connected.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I hooked my 47" blower to my 425 the other day for the first time and it had the same noise you are describing. I shut it off quickly and checked everything was hooked up right and tried again. Same thing. Made a lot of noise. When I owned an L130 with a 44" two stage blower you could barely hear it running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts