My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As one can see for the attached picture, I need new skid shoes/runners. One of the posts here gave the runner part number as AM128336 (right) and AM128337 (left). Those shoes bear no resemblance to what I have. The manual that I have OMM120713 E4, page 32 discusses adjusting the runners, shows a picture of the runner and (I'm guessing) the part number M55262. Anyone have a part number for the "T" shaped runner I have. The SN of my attachment is S/N M02752X 575529.

The bottom of the runner holds the cutter/scraper bar off the pavement about an inch or so. Even though the runner attachment point is slotted and the the runner is slotted, there is no adjustment. If I can't find a replacement, I'll make my own and those will be adjustable.

Any one else have this problem??

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,599 Posts
Here is the JD parts site: https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/.../pgId/11534308

part number is AM108280 listed for $82.00 each which replaced AM38889

To save money you could go to a steel shop and have them make new bottoms with the bends and cut the worn part off and weld the new material on. Each show I did that way was 25.00

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feb 25, 2020. Ok, I do not have time to order, recieve and install new runners/skid shoes for my 47" snow blower. I have 2 model 49 snow throwers. One I rebuilt 3 years ago. The other is an organ donor from the the Model 49 that I rebuilt.

I am thinking of taking the runners from the Model 49 organ donor and putting them on the 47" show blower. Thee is now time to order, recieve and install a new set of runners for the 47". Are there any reason/pitfalls against doing this. We are getting another snow storm Wednesday into Thursday The weather people are guessing, for my area, 2 to 12" of snow starting Wednesday night lasting most of the Thursday.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've never compare the 49 & 47 shoes. The only reason/pitfall for not using the 49 shoes is they may not fit!

Plan B would be run your existing worn out shoes and NOT lower blower all the way to the ground...eyeball about 1/4" - 1/2" above ground. You may not end up with the "perfect" clearing job, but most will b moved. Bob

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
I have both types of machines and the shoes from the 49 may be put on but they are not big enough to handle the weight of the 47 snowblower. Do you have any friends close to you that can weld, just get some steel for them and have them weld it to the shoes and keep the angles.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never compare the 49 & 47 shoes. The only reason/pitfall for not using the 49 shoes is they may not fit!

Plan B would be run your existing worn out shoes and NOT lower blower all the way to the ground...eyeball about 1/4" - 1/2" above ground. You may not end up with the "perfect" clearing job, but most will b moved. Bob
The picture shows the runners as high as they will go, or the scraper blade is as low as I can get it! Leaving an 1" plus snow on the paved driveway.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have both types of machines and the shoes from the 49 may be put on but they are not big enough to handle the weight of the 47 snowblower. Do you have any friends close to you that can weld, just get some steel for them and have them weld it to the shoes and keep the angles.
OK, Thanks I won't try that! I'll wait untill summer when I am not in panic mode.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,973 Posts
If scraper blade is as low as it will go and still leaves an inch of snow, something is wrong with how it is bolted on. Or adjusted.
On any brand or model snow blower you should be able to have the blade down so no snow is left on concrete.

Looking at your picture it seems the upward bend in the front of the skid is hitting the blower housing and keeping it up. Rear of the skid looks like it had less of a bend on the tip when new, but now is bent upwards at the weld point.
Possible the skids need to be reversed, front for rear, when bolted on?

Are the slots for the adjustment up and down in the housing? And hidden in the picture?

I would bet if you took off the skid shown in the picture, and straighten out the bend in the rear, you could then remount it with that end being forward. Then housing would not hit the skid and keep it up in the air.

My thought is the skid in your picture was mounted in reverse of how it should be, and/or some one along the line put left skid on right side and right skid on left side. Either way it looks like the nose of that skid is what is keeping the blower up so high.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the skids off today, fine tuned each with a 3 lb drilling hammer. The scraper blade now rests on the paved driveway. I will give it a good test tomorrow with storm that is coming in tonight. We are looking at upwards of 13" by the end of the storm.This will get a good overhaul this summer to sort out a few issues. Along with building a permanent weight box. And then sorting out the engine??!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts