My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
46" Snowthrower, 60"deck, for sale... and my new toy!!!

Hello folks!!! Last weekend I drove even further into New York then I did last year when I got my 5020H (2000 Eliminator) to fetch this lovely package....

A GT 2000, with chains, wheel weights, a custom hitch (someone did a fine job) a 60" deck and a 46" 2 stage snowthrower! Once I drove my buddys Troy-bilt GTX 20, I KNEW I had to get a GT 2000! I LOVE craigslist.............sort of.......ahem.... Thats where I found all my Bolens fleet so far.

Ok so here is the run down. I already have a 60" deck that is black (troybilt years) that is in IMMACULATE condition (just needs a coat of Bolens green) so I have no use for this one. My snowthrower that you have seen in my previous pic posts I am in the process of a full restore, so I dont really have any use for the snowthrower even though it has all the origional decals and its Bolens green..... thats gonna be hard to part with.

I wanted to check with my Bolens brethren here before I go posting on Craigslist. I would absolutely be willing to trade for a 54" hydraulic angle plow but I dont know if the price for each would be close enough to allow that fairly. The 60" deck I would trade for a power packer impeller unit, but once again I have no idea what that goes for either. Straight up price Id like to fetch $450 for the thrower and $350 for the deck. I would appreciate ANY insight that any of you may have on this issue.

The Pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tractor

Heres my new toy!!!!! Not in perfect condition, but for 1139hrs, runs like a ***** date. A decal kit would just about get her looking perfect. The front logo is gone which really ****** me off but whatta ya gonna do. Hopefully Ill come across one in my travels someday. What im planning to do is use this guy over the winter with the power steering making the nose heavy snowthrower much easier to deal with and restore my 2000 eliminator. Then when spring comes, use the 2000 eliminator for mowing duties and restore the GT. I find that manual steering holds much more true for when you are trying to stripe a lawn. I forgot to mention I have the manuals for the snowthrower, the pushbar and the 60" deck as well. These were all garage kept toys, unlike my poor eliminator. There WAS a cab for the GT, but the previous owner got rid of it :banghead3. I have the installation manual for it though which is the biggest tease. Oh well. I guess its gonna be another plasma cutter, torch, welder and grinder Autumn for me to fabricate one unless I can find one!

Phwew! Ok boys time for bed. I look forward to hearing from you all!!!

Peace.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks like you got a nice setup, should work good.:trink39:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice tractor!
What are the differences between the Elimenator and the GT 2000?
The body is the primary difference. The GT 2000 has a body like the suburban tractor series, and the eliminator 2000 has the body of the entire eliminator series, 1400, 1402, 1600, 1700,1800,1900, and obviously 2000.

The GT is much more pimped out however with the power steering, rear fender lights, much bigger hydraulic control levers, (with standard direction contol meaning down for up, up for down) and the fuel gauge in the dash. I love the GT but I would never part with my eliminator.........unless I found one in better shape. My time for complete restorations are getting less and less as the years go by, and Im not even married with kids yet!

BY THE WAY..........your avitar is the logo plate I need!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
That looks really nice. Hopefully it will serve you well for years to come.

·
Registered
392 Posts
"BY THE WAY..........your avitar is the logo plate I need!!!!!!!!!!"

Mine fell of the grille too and I got a complete grill from Joes Outdoor just to get the logo plate. I have yet to install it.

Does the Eliminator have an auxillary hydraulic lever with ports front and back?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts