My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rochdale
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and many thanks for the warm welcome.
I live in Lancashire, England and I have a John Deere 455. It's a super machine and extremely versatile. It has a snow plough and last Christmas we had snow for the first time in years. That's when I found you have to remove the cutter deck to use the blade.
I've searched the web and found there are front loaders and snow ploughs you can attach without removing the deck. The Johnny Bucket seems ideal but they won't ship one to England, although I'd meet all the costs. Then there's the Or-bilt, which looks stronger (and is 50% more expensive); but it doesn't seem to be as versatile. They will ship to England.
Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated greatly.

·
Super Moderator
36,708 Posts
Ray, I guess I would ask what would you be willing to pay for a loader (minus shipping and any taxes, tarriffs, customs fees), do you want new or used? And would you be willing to pay a handling fee for someone willing to do the legwork here? (finding a transportation company that ships internationally) And are there any more JD owners overthere that need the same thing?

·
Registered
49 Posts
How bout getting a set of plans from PF engineering, and taking them to a local fabrication shop? I am guessing that it would cost you less to have one built in England then to have a pre-built one shipped.

·
Super Moderator
36,708 Posts
Roberttroll, Here I am trying to set up my export business and you're giving away the farm!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh: Great idea by the way!

·
Super Moderator
17,294 Posts
Ray I sent you a PM with some help on getting a JBSR to you:thThumbsU
BTW Welcome to the Forum:MTF_wel:

·
Rochdale
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greetings.
The Or-bilt is just under$2,000 and the Johnny Bucket, snow blade, snow shoe, tooth bar and caddy arms just over $2,4000. Both seem reasonably priced and I'd be happy to buy good condition used equipment.
John Deere 455s are expensive here; most people go for cheaper, and inferior, European products. My company would make all the shipping arrangements. But I'd be happy to pay a reasonable handling fee.
Regards. Ray.

·
Rochdale
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greetings.
That's an interesting idea. Would you be kind enough to let me know how to get in touch with PF engineering?
Regards. Ray.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts