My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brakes on my 455 have been weak since I bought it, after and incident on the hills, I figured it was time to fix em. lol

So after adjusting the center linkage, they didn't get any better. I don;t see any other obvious adjustments, and a search didn't offer any answers.

Any way to make this thing stop?

--Alex

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had to open the transaxle and shim the brake discs. Just cut out some sheat metal and placed it between the application piston and the pads. It was a weekend and the dealer was not open. When I checked monday they would have had to order the parts anyway. Been working fine for the last 10+ years.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you do go in and work on the brake disks it would be good to replace the O-ring on the brake actuator shaft inside the trans case. It will leak eventually (like mine did) and it is an easy, low cost preventive maintenance step while you are already in there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
When I had my system open, I replaced all the soft rubber parts "O-Rings & Seals".

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
i would check the actuator linkage... it may be possible to get more travel out of the linkage by modifying the linkage itself.... if that could work - it would avoid having to open the transmission....
it would take some looking to see if when the linkage is full-brake, if there is room for even more motion on the external brake actuator on the tranny....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts